Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You try telling that to the W@nkers in the Sky commentary team. Sounded from their perspective we were a little lucky. FFS knobheads look at the stats re shots.
Or try watching the ****ing game!

We were excellent up until the goal, and then against 10 men we just coasted. Yes it would have been nice to have played even better, but the win was never in doubt. I rarely find watching us relaxing, but tonight was easy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last year, for comparison:

1 Brighton 20 +11 42
2 Middlesbrough 20 +17 40
3 Hull 20 +16 38
4 Derby 20 +15 38
5 Burnley 20 +7 35
6 Ipswich 20 +2 31
7 Cardiff 20 +4 30
Oh great. I was on cloud nine until reading that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I felt we played this like a testimonial game. Very much within ourselves, nobody broke into a sweat and we won it in first gear. I haven't looked at possession stats but we may well have been in the 70's. I did think payback for Dunk getting a pen after that one given against him last season. That was a stride, not a gallop. We are ticking all the right boxes.

005338361d4b1d5605f2c6755c7c9f4f.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I felt we played this like a testimonial game. Very much within ourselves, nobody broke into a sweat and we won it in first gear. I haven't looked at possession stats but we may well have been in the 70's. I did think payback for Dunk getting a pen after that one given against him last season. That was a stride, not a gallop. We are ticking all the right boxes.

60% possession

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Cheers Dazzer, shows our complete dominance and totally wipes out the threads saying we should be better (aholes).
Indeed we were better.. but we need to have some central midfield support for Baldock and Murray... Stephens and Norwood were too often too far away to support attacks... resulting in lost possession.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Indeed we were better.. but we need to have some central midfield support for Baldock and Murray... Stephens and Norwood were too often too far away to support attacks... resulting in lost possession.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I mentioned somewhere else, and I agree with you, bringing in Norwood against a top 4 team wasn't good for us fans, better v Blackburn, and for 20 mins he was a little scary, but he came through and played well. For someone that hadn't had a start since October 20(?) he did ok.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Basically Jansson and Baldock had a bit of a tussle trying to win the ball. Jansson hurtled into the sideboard and the old boy in the stand pushed him back then held his hands up. Jansson got a bit mardy and slapped the old boys hands away, backed up whilst continuing to shout at the old chap and walked into the Sky mic (potentially injuring himself as he started rubbing his calf afterwards). Then to top it off got angry at the mic for it's awful challenge on him, picked it up and threw it. Top stuff

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Basically Jansson and Baldock had a bit of a tussle trying to win the ball. Jansson hurtled into the sideboard and the old boy in the stand pushed him back then held his hands up. Jansson got a bit mardy and slapped the old boys hands away, backed up whilst continuing to shout at the old chap and walked into the Sky mic (potentially injuring himself as he started rubbing his calf afterwards). Then to top it off got angry at the mic for it's awful challenge on him, picked it up and threw it. Top stuff

Proper meltdown :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports