Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Ipswich Town ***Official Match Thread***

string_bean

Dec 15, 2014
a sickening result, a sack the manager kind of result, a cut your season ticket and burn ye shirt in the streets and send the video to skysports news kind of result. Listen, i'm a kind man, a warm man but tonight i gently weep

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This has been coming since before the Charlton game, regardless of recent injuries we just haven't look like a team in the top 6, let alone top 2

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly w are still playing now and can't hit a fecking cows arse with a banjo!!

Jesus that was pathetic.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
7 injured players that may well have all started tonight if they were fit: Bong, Rosenior, March, LuaLua, Greer, Hunemeier & Baldock. Is anyone really that surprised that we're falling off the pace a little bit? No club in this division would be able to cope at the top of the table with that many important first team players out injured.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Disappointing result, but not totally unexpected with our injury list. Obviously Wilson wasn't 100%, but Zamora could have Started. Annoying thing was we were so slow out of the boxes again. They could have been 3 up in 15 mins. We then get a foothold in the game, but an error gifts them the lead. Loads of possession in their final third second half, plenty of huff and puff, but v few real opportunities created. That said, Zamora hits the bar, could easily have gone in. Just not enough guile and skill in the final third. I'm sure this will be addressed in January, and with players coming back, I'm confident we'll finish top 6. My glass is still half full !! As a positive, I thought Goldsen was excellent, calm, composed, good on the ball and good in the air, read the game well. Elvis looked quick, would like to see him given a start

D

Deleted member 22389

7 injured players that may well have all started tonight if they were fit: Bong, Rosenior, March, LuaLua, Greer, Hunemeier & Baldock. Is anyone really that surprised that we're falling off the pace a little bit? No club in this division would be able to cope at the top of the table with that many important first team players out injured.

A few signings in January and get our injuries slowly sorted I think we will be OK.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Unfair result on the balance of things. Ipswich really didn't look like they were anything special and our squad is so injury ravaged its bound to take its toll.

Some changes I'd make for Wolves:

Manu ahead of Murphy - Yes, hasn't set the world on fire in his appearances but Murphy looks tired to me. Although with Van La Parra being unavailable we might see Manu and Murphy instead.
Chicksen ahead of Calderon - Again, haven't seen much of him but Calderon is a 34 year old right back. He's done brilliantly but his pace (lack of) can leave us open down the flanks.
Stick Harper on the bench - Why not? He's been doing well in the U21s and it'd be good to see him get twenty minutes or so, depending on the state of the game.

I'd also keep GG wrapped up and give Goldson his second start. Really impressed with him tonight. He looked solid at the back, played some lovely passes and seemed comfortable on the ball overall. Very interested to see him develop.

Oh, and I'd give Dunk a clip round the ear and tell him to keep his head in the game. I'm not writing him off as others are but he does seem particularly prone to lapses in concentration.

Disappointing tonight but not the apocalypse by any means. If this is our blip I think we'll still be alright by the end of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unfair result on the balance of things. Ipswich really didn't look like they were anything special and our squad is so injury ravaged its bound to take its toll.

Manu ahead of Murphy - Yes, hasn't set the world on fire in his appearances but Murphy looks tired to me. Although with Van La Parra being unavailable we might see Manu and Murphy instead.
Chicksen ahead of Calderon - Again, haven't seen much of him but Calderon is a 34 year old right back. He's done brilliantly but his pace (lack of) can leave us open down the flanks.
Stick Harper on the bench - Why not? He's been doing well in the U21s and it'd be good to see him get twenty minutes or so, depending on the state of the game.

I'd also keep GG wrapped up and give Goldson his second start. Really impressed with him tonight. He looked solid at the back, played some lovely passes and seemed comfortable on the ball overall. Very interested to see him develop.

Oh, and I'd give Dunk a clip round the ear and tell him to keep his head in the game. I'm not writing him off as others are but he does seem particularly prone to lapses in concentration.

Disappointing tonight but not the apocalypse by any means. If this is our blip I think we'll still be alright by the end of the season.

All of this. Given our injuries where we are is remarkable. A few decent signings and some good returnees will make us quickly competitive again. Nothing in this division to be scared of.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Goldson was a massive positive, he'll get a run in the team now. Crofts is seemingly back up to pace which is a big boost. Wilson will hopefully be well enough to start soon. We're not a million miles off and we'll be difficult to beat again when we get our players back from injury.

A bad result tonight, but we can still do this.

:)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Goldson was a massive positive, he'll get a run in the team now. Crofts is seemingly back up to pace which is a big boost. Wilson will hopefully be well enough to start soon. We're not a million miles off and we'll be difficult to beat again when we get our players back from injury.

A bad result tonight, but we can still do this.

:)

That too. Thought Goldson looked excellent - confident on the ball, pacy, happy to stride forward and strong. Potentially our best CB on that showing but obviously need to see more.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Have a feeling we may conclusively beat Wolves. Crofts sounded rather annoyed after tonight, and they were on a pish run before their ill-deserved Reading win. Very much up for standing forlornly like the clown that I am, sleepless, if we fare badly again on Friday. Just half-fancy a reaction.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Yes, agree with you. I would play two up front for this game though, so March and BZ if he can last 60 mins otherwise Hemed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here