Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Hull City **** Official Match Thread ****

Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanSAFC

Feb 16, 2014
As I'm sure you would have assumed, I don't watch Brighton play a great deal, but from what I saw tonight I can see exactly how Bridcutt fitted into your team, you missed someone like him in there tonight I think. I was impressed by Upson and Ulloa, and Lua Lua could be decent if he learnt how to stand up for a bit longer.

For what it's worth I think you gave a decent account of yourselves though, good luck in the replay.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Thought the ref had a reasonable game and that Lua Lua showed himself up with some of his dives today. Needs a good dressing down tomorrow morning after that piss poor display and putting back in his place after all of his cocky shit in the press saying how he should be starting games. Great player off the bench but not good enough to start.

He lost the ball far too much, his defending was better than his attacking tonight

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On the bright side the kids did all right shame Ulloa couldn't have finished it off
Not too disappointed. Be tough going up to Hull but another opportunity for players to prove themselves. Also I don't know who Hull are playing before or after they might not be able to put out such a strong attack in the next game.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good points being made about the youngsters/DS squad players really putting in a shift. Think bringing Rodriguez on instead of Obika might have been a smart move though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The one mistake Oscar made tonight was keeping KLL on too long. He gave the ball away cheaply and should try and be stronger on the ball.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As I'm sure you would have assumed, I don't watch Brighton play a great deal, but from what I saw tonight I can see exactly how Bridcutt fitted into your team, you missed someone like him in there tonight I think. I was impressed by Upson and Ulloa, and Lua Lua could be decent if he learnt how to stand up for a bit longer.

For what it's worth I think you gave a decent account of yourselves though, good luck in the replay.
We missed Crofts not Bridcutt.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When they have premiership quality players and they are on the attack at the end of a pulsating game it is very difficult not to defend deep. We did very well for most of the game but I am afraid we decided to dive around looking for free kicks to slow the game down and we paid the price, if we stood up and put everyone behind the ball except Obika or Lua lua we may well have won that.
Ince was not at his best and Lua Lua is a very good impact sub.
I hope Buckley and Ulloa are ok.
Don't hold up much chance in the replay.
Goodnight

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good points being made about the youngsters/DS squad players really putting in a shift. Think bringing Rodriguez on instead of Obika might have been a smart move though.
Agreed. Rodriguez is fast, which would have meant Hull having to defend a bit deeper. As it was we dropped deep and didn't have a quick front man to knock it over the top to.

Anyway, good experience for some of our younger players. Caskey, Chicksen, Ince and March when he came on were four of our better players I thought.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Thank you so much for your patronising comment. Kindly booger off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here