[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We’ve had Burnley, West Brom, Sheffield United and now Fulham all at home with a return of zero wins and two goals scored.

And still some people say things like “on another night...” and “we could be 3-0 up”:lolol:

It's hugely telling isn't it?
How many goals have we scored in those matches? 1 is it?

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
What do you think the system is?

It's formation; it's coaching; it's recruitment. Change it.

I'm afraid that a consistent set of results tells you that the 'system' isn't working.

The coaching system is what we do on the pitch. Practiced in training and brought to the game

We dominate the ball, we've learnt to mix up short and long balls, we create opportunities to score. If the players on the pitch can't put the ball in a 12ftx8ft rectangle then that isn't really a Potter issue.

Aside from all that, recruitment isn't down to Potter...so I don't see how his competence can be judged by the performances of others.

We can surely all see the gap in the squad...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Demoralized..................................................................

Agreed. A few mistakes but nobody played badly.

Had Dunk not prevented that smash and grab at the end I would have lost my shit big time.

A game neither could afford to lose. Just as big a missed opportunity for them.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hugely disappointing not to win, but some of the negative comments on here are ridiculous. We were by far the better team, created better chances, but yet again couldn’t take them. How can anyone blame March for his goal bound shot that was deflected over. We simply have to keep the faith, as a change of manager or style of play will do us no favours at all.
Fulham have looked good recently, and yet apart from their chance at the end we controlled that game very well. We have 18 games to play and if we can keep up the level of performance we will be safe.
Having said all that, it is incredibly frustrating not to win and I’m sure all the players and manager feel that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lol. I knew there’d be bedwetters if we got a draw.

It’s really not a terrible result.

Not a bedwetter, though I guess you'll be having a good lick?

I care that we're going backwards again.

Sick and tired of this turgid dogshit, its crap.

Substitutions or lack of were a total joke. Trossard is becoming a our latest barndoor, just hits it at people. Gross slow and wooden, and you have the massively superior Lallana and the much more sprightly and much more likely Connolly and he does nothing except put on a lightweight bang average midfielder.

Maybe he doesn't play an instrument but he is the conductor and he's not doing it. It was pretty obvious to most fans we needed changes..

a draw at home, with umpteen chances is a bad result....especially with Spurs and Liverpool next.

but you have yourself a little happy clap we drew!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hugely disappointing not to win, but some of the negative comments on here are ridiculous. We were by far the better team, created better chances, but yet again couldn’t take them. How can anyone blame March for his goal bound shot that was deflected over. We simply have to keep the faith, as a change of manager or style of play will do us no favours at all.
Fulham have looked good recently, and yet apart from their chance at the end we controlled that game very well. We have 18 games to play and if we can keep up the level of performance we will be safe.
Having said all that, it is incredibly frustrating not to win and I’m sure all the players and manager feel that.

[emoji106]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just can’t fault the performance apart from finishing - I thought we were dominant and played very well tbh - deserved to win - great to see performances back after the few games dip we had Liverpool to wolves. Really refreshing to watch again. Just need to take those chances - still!

10 likes - thank you guys for making me feel mentally like I’m not crazy. I am balanced and I criticise when appropriate / praise where appropriate. I was impressed with the performance bar our finishing on a couple of occasions or so. Up the Albion - we’re way too good a team to go - we’re staying up. And fair play Fulham - you don’t have the quality of us but you’re a few seasons behind - but you PLAY FOOTBALL and I praise Fulham for that. Hope they stay up with us!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There’s only so much you can do with the quality at hand. Maupay is a goal every 4 games striker at that fee, that’s okay but he’ll never have finishing quality of the best in the EPL. Trossard, gifted dribbler, awful in front of goal.

That’s what you get with a Brighton budget.

Sidwell full of praise for our attacking and very honest about Maupay and Trossard blowing it.

No one can hang that on GP.

needed to get a sub on to mix it up and that's not Mr Propper

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] - I agree with your points. But I felt we had a 4-6 game slump and are at least back to playing well and not scoring. Lots to work on - mainly finishing and mainly Trossard?! But it was decent performance again - I’m listening to the pundits and they all agree with me no?

Do you know what it is, it's the predictability of the performance. We are almost like a very poor Manchester City.

A coach should recognise this and then work with what he has got. Our coach isn't doing that.

Yes, Trossard has let us down too many times and being hard, he should be dropped and not playing.

We need these points against a bottom side and yet Lallana can't get on; Tau stays benched when we need a goal and Propper is seen as the answer. This is not good coaching and not good judgement.

The commentators will just go through the same lines - played well, can't score. As a coach, if you keep seeing your system do this, you change it. GP seems slow in working out what to do.

Onwards and upwards (I hope)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports