Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Im very pro Potter too. Almost felt sorry for him today though. Simply didn't have the players at his disposal to even attempt to lay a glove on Everton. And two of our three subs were playing their first minutes of the season. Also imo saw the first glimpses of missing White today. He at least might have had an impact in the pace of our play through the middle.

In two aspects:

- We had our best EPL goals against stats last season. Dunk/Webster/White were a fantastic triumvirate.
- The transition. I said when BW left that we’d miss the way he instinctively, in an instance, started our forays forward. Might be a pass, might be a run. Leaving oppositions backpedaling, out of their comfort zone. That imho is what attracted Southgate and Arteta.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thought it was a terrible performance. Everton who didnt look outstanding will never have an easier game. Potter doesnt play with natural wide players as very rarely played Percy and Alli. So often players are put out of position out wide and today it was Moder and Gross again. Both contributed nothing. Surely it is up to Lalana and Mac to support Maupay but never got near him. Veltman has now played CB, RB, RWB and LB
Appreciate Bloom reluctant to spend fortune on striker but surely can get a LB/LWB

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In two aspects:

- We had our best EPL goals against stats last season. Dunk/Webster/White were a fantastic triumvirate.
- The transition. I said when BW left that we’d miss the way he instinctively, in an instance, started our forays forward. Might be a pass, might be a run. Leaving oppositions backpedaling, out of their comfort zone. That imho is what attracted Southgate and Arteta.

I thought the back three struggled today we seemed to be accommodating Duffy who I thought looked off the pace second half….with Webster letting Gray run at him to score that first…am I wrong in thinking Webster prefers the left of a three?

Give credit to Everton …The Waiter has them playing more as a unit rather than a bunch of individuals…although Richarlison remains as petulant as ever

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought the back three struggled today we seemed to be accommodating Duffy who I thought looked off the pace second half….with Webster letting Gray run at him to score that first…am I wrong in thinking Webster prefers the left of a three?

Obviously love Dunk, but he does have poor games (I can see why he doesn’t get more caps, sorry nsc).

I thought he was generally poor all game. Even when he was in poll position to win a header, DCL or Richarlison used muscle to get him to put in an shit effort. Distribution rubbish and he started Everton’s key attack.

Duffy was one dimensional, Rafa cleverly didn’t make it an attritional game of crosses into our box, Duffy’s strength.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Today’s performance was a bit of a concern as I can’t remember the last time we weren’t in the game especially against a team like Everton. Even when we lost heavily last season (e.g. at Leicester) we still created chances but we showed nothing going forward today.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Bad day at the office, but the highlight on a day of downlights was the Norff offering a three section harmony from different sectors of the 'Bissouma' mantra.
Aural delight.

Sort it aaaart.

Last edited:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Covid. They want people to head straight to their seats but aren’t enforcing it so all a bit pointless

They weren't enforcing masks or bothering to check ID's and COVID tests either and the line to get due to the phone ticketing was slow too........ The club seemed to make people go through a whole lot effort to not enforce 'rules' and also create more traffic to get in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Covid. They want people to head straight to their seats but aren’t enforcing it so all a bit pointless

Spoke to a steward today who said they were aiming at random checks if it was busy……for me today the queues to get in formed because people were struggling with mobile technology for whatever reason

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What was going on in the Everton end after their second goal…..I see flares made a return

67818AF7-C35E-44F4-8B03-39687B2AA7D5.jpeg

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Nailed it. Agree with every point.

This was a stroll in the park for Everton. With no pace we had zero threat down the flanks. Moder at LB and Gross at RB was absolutely painful to watch. I was happy to see Moder pushed further forward when Veltman came on - until I saw what Veltman brought to the party, ie the same attacking "impetus", and then making the game irretrievable with his dopey positioning and clumsy challenge on Coleman that put the game to bed. I cannot BELIEVE people around me were grizzling about that decision, it was stone wall.

As an aside, and I am sure this is covered elsewhere, but what a highly enriched, weapons grade 24-carat BELLEND that prick Richarlison is. A snide clip from behind on Bissouma that sent him sprawling, then stroked his face to try and get a reaction. Then a stand-up hissy-fit row with his captain after DCL picked up the ball for the spot kick. Amongst numerous other examples of shithousery trying to con free kicks (and a pen) out of the ref.

I hope he gets malaria.

You've always seemed quite a sensible chap. Not sure you have ever had malaria, but it's not something you would wish on anyone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nailed it. Agree with every point.

This was a stroll in the park for Everton. With no pace we had zero threat down the flanks. Moder at LB and Gross at RB was absolutely painful to watch. I was happy to see Moder pushed further forward when Veltman came on - until I saw what Veltman brought to the party, ie the same attacking "impetus", and then making the game irretrievable with his dopey positioning and clumsy challenge on Coleman that put the game to bed. I cannot BELIEVE people around me were grizzling about that decision, it was stone wall.

As an aside, and I am sure this is covered elsewhere, but what a highly enriched, weapons grade 24-carat BELLEND that prick Richarlison is. A snide clip from behind on Bissouma that sent him sprawling, then stroked his face to try and get a reaction. Then a stand-up hissy-fit row with his captain after DCL picked up the ball for the spot kick. Amongst numerous other examples of shithousery trying to con free kicks (and a pen) out of the ref.

I hope he gets malaria.

First one down the tunnel on his own…having kicked a water bottle (I think) and seemingly having to apologise to the person it nearly(?) hit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very surprised to see they hadn't sold out considering the size of the club

Punch drunk after 25 years of awful let downs on the pitch, their supporters talk online of its toll on mental health?

If Rafa finally gives them consistent results after all the false dawns, I would imagine they start selling out wherever they go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You've always seemed quite a sensible chap. Not sure you have ever had malaria, but it's not something you would wish on anyone.

I am not a genie, nor have I ever had access to one. So I am comfortable that my wish will not be granted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Today’s performance was a bit of a concern as I can’t remember the last time we weren’t in the game especially against a team like Everton. Even when we lost heavily last season (e.g. at Leicester) we still created chances but we showed nothing going forward today.
Now crowds are back the tempo is wayyy up and as most have noticed we don't have any pace so we will probably take a few whippings again now.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here