Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Tread on another player’s foot, deliberate or not = a foul, whether it be in the centre circle or box.

I would check the rule book if I was you - but if it is an accidental coming together as both players chase the ball (and are looking at the ball) - then it is not a foul - in fact how could it be a foul?

That was never a penalty - it changed the game - and those three points might be crucial at the end of the season (for both teams).

Refs make mistakes - they should be let referee the game - the decisions always balance out over a season.

VAR is a disaster and is all about money - not football.

Spot on, if it had been in the centre circle it would have deffo been given
No it wouldn't - and none of the players expected it to be given - they all kept going without any complaints.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Everton boss Marco Silva, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "If VAR saw something in our box, why didn't it see 15 minutes earlier the penalty for Richarlison."

Because Marco, Richarlison was going down more often than a whores knickers and there was no penalty to give in that case you clown.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
£3.50 into £350 lovely!
62e2038553e1e94f823abaa836cace5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1. Loved Maupay’s pen straight down the middle. Then he had words with the **** who’d tried to put him off, whilst the Everton players were bullying the ref.

2. Trossard’s cross was perfection. If Digne hadn’t got a touch, Muzza was waiting unmarked to tuck it away.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
"Sometimes you have to get wrong decisions given your way" doesn't necessarily have to apply only to today - however, getting that penalty (which was certainly not clear and obvious) through VAR fits the bill.

After seeing var, it seems it was clear and obvious. I don't necessarily agree with it my self though. I'm happy to accept var on this occasion :D especially as that is the rules.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
First touch was to lose possession right on the corner line.
This player is truly awful and how he’s managed to get game time is beyond belief

It's a not uncommon thing for managers to do - easier to punt if he can be shown to have played for the first team in the current season:smile:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
First game I've managed to see live this season. Don't think I witnessed the best of Potter's new era. Everton were on top for most of the game and must go home feeling very unlucky. Alarmed to see the risky passing deep in our own box by Ryan and defenders. Ryan is a great keeper, mind. What was different was our intensity in the last 15 mins. We weren't hanging on, we were going for it, and ultimately the luck went our way for a change. Alzate looks class. Murray and Trossard both added something when they came on. I'd like to see us be more incisive and quick in attack. But hey we won and ought to be comfortably mid table this season I reckon.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thought a few screen caps might be in order. Not sure what possesses someone to celebrate an injury time winner by getting their phone out but hey.
1.png
2.png
3.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what do you folks think about us playing 442, with Gross on the right, as we did in the first half at home to Newcastle last season?

Although we won this one, we didn't play as well as we have in most of our other games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So what do you folks think about us playing 442, with Gross on the right, as we did in the first half at home to Newcastle last season?

Although we won this one, we didn't play as well as we have in most of our other games.

Top fishing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here