[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
LOL

Amazing.

The worst game we've played this season probably, and we've only gone and won it!

We've been so so unlucky this season. We've been so so LUCKY today! Shows how it all levels itself out.
Agree that we played poorly. Were we really that lucky? Was the penalty decision wrong?

Of course the winner was an own goal, but if he hadn't touched it we'd have scored, and Everton's first was a lucky own goal.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I remember watching us play Derby in the pissing rain at Withdean (when Fabrizio Ravanelli was playing for them), and we nicked it right at the death with a goal from Kerry Mayo.

I'd imagine the feeling then of not caring how wet we were was shared by those at the Amex - well, those near the front anyway - when the winner went in today.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
468983d0082f4e9b575ef88530226272.jpg

One for Ernest!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No matter how 'poorly' we played compared to some of our other games - the thing with us now is that I never feel we're out of it. That is such a huge difference from the last two seasons.

Proper game, proper conditions.

Mind you - how many times did Richarlison kick/throw the ball away without getting booked?

I also very much like the way we just play on when they're rolling around in 'agony' - I notice Walcott got up pretty quickly once he realised play wasn't going to stop - and so did one of their defenders towards the end.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree that we played poorly. Were we really that lucky? Was the penalty decision wrong?

Of course the winner was an own goal, but if he hadn't touched it we'd have scored, and Everton's first was a lucky own goal.

3-2 was completely fair according to the rules. It was just insane to play so badly, score three and win.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The penalty decision was 100 % correct. The defender clearly stood on Connolly’s boot. I’m not sure why people are saying we were lucky as apart from a few short periods Everton were very pedestrian. We had the more clear cut chances.

Just as our previous failure to win games wasn’t unlucky, that win wasn’t lucky. Because we’ve signed a little genius that can turn Prem games on their head. We can look at a lot of the stuff that didn’t work but crucial was our desire to win that which I’ve been looking for all season

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot_2019-10-26 Brighton snatch injury-time win, Sheff Utd claim point at West Ham.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Lots of firsts, and the answers to quite a few recent threads on here.

First direct free kick we've scored in the PL (I think)
First penalty to be given by VAR that hadn't initially been given by the ref.
First injury time winner for us for ages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports