[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Something isn't quite right. Some poor passing, and punts forward aren't helping either. Everton look very tight.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Poor.

Like watching us last season. Stephens and Propper taking an age on the ball. Difference now is we have 2 mobile strikers who aren’t getting any service.

That centre mid didn’t work last season and it isn’t working in this game either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a sorry excuse for a half of football that was. Shoddy shoddy from both teams. It's the polar opposite to last week's performance where we were excellent from first whistle to last.

It'll be interesting to see what Potter does at half time. There's a good case for changing the entire defence and midfield(possible exception for Dunk). Our left flank seems non existant both defensively and offensively. Maybe he'll start there? Wing backs?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
On a positive note, it's nice that we are now all disappointed with our team when we are only drawing against Everton. The positive game plan has done wonders for my Albion mojo and whatever the result I'm looking forward to games this season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Everton are pressing and passing well, we’re struggling a bit with them. Perhaps Glenn could come on as a bit of a target man, we’re getting into some crossing areas but with the lack of height not putting the balls in. Potter will have a plan.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Phew, all square, lets start again. They must be kicking themselves as they really should be winning.

We can still easily win this - Burn, Webster, Propper and Stephens can’t be as bad as they were in the first half for a start.

We’re not passing through their press well at all. Either need to sharpen up our passing or look to bypass it and go longer.

Tactically, it’s not working with Gross on the left either, he looks lost and cuts back every single time he gets it so we’re totally predictable, need to change that.

Maupay has done well with scraps but Connolly has done nothing at all - in fairness he’s had no support from midfield though - either need to replace him or get him more support.

It can’t be long before Trossard and probably March come on.

D

Deleted member 2719

She sounds a bit of a player.

Attachments

• Score 2.png
    Score 2.png
    28 KB · Views: 167

Both Burn and Webster look uncomfortable to me. I know it’s a work in progress but painful to watch at times.

Maupay is probably about our best player at the moment and he could steal something for us. Everton missed some good chances to go ahead

think this is the first match since potter took over that weve played in these conditions - obviously the players never did any cross country training in pre-season!

It is a bit too defensive to me to have Propper and Gross as so called wingers. Relying too much on ball over top to front 2

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Both Burn and Webster look uncomfortable to me. I know it’s a work in progress but painful to watch at times.

Maupay is probably about our best player at the moment and he could steal something for us. Everton missed some good chances to go ahead
Montoya also having a poor game which isnt helping

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Think he’s been poor, so clumsy in possession. Alzate and Propper for me

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sloppy passes in midfield and getting caught on the break.

Would like to see

Trossard > Propper
Greyhound > Montoya (looks especially awkward on the ball today)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blimey - listened to the first half on Radio 5 - and now I come on here. Apparently there are two games going on, in parallel universes! The first half certainly wasn't rubbish on the radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports