Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s on the medical staff. Presumably he had some sort of fitness test though?

Have to say it’s not dissimilar to what happened to us when Pervis came on and went off injured in Amsterdam. Except I’ve never seen Palace in the Dam.

This. They told RH that Olise was fine to be introduced for the second half.

If Parish has any mettle, the medic who made that decision would face questions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I tend to do that when you are awake.
This is either retorical humour, or you need a geography lesson.

You need to get some sleep in the day for games like yesterday

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don't.
It was utterly moronic. Roy knew he was hobbled in the week, wasn't fit enough to start, so it was a massive risk to put him on. The compounding factor was we'd already batted them out of the game - did he really think Olise would single-handedly turn that round ??

If RDZ threw on a semi-fit Mitoma in a game where we'd already been gubbed, I'd lose my shit.
The best bit being that he did it chasing down a nothing punt that he would have never reached first

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Games like the one v Luton is the reason I go to bed, would have been really pissed off sacraficing my beauty for that shit show !

Well yeah, it would have been bloody annoying to have stayed up for the game against Luton, only to find that it was postponed.

I can't remember you're story - are you a Brighton fan from here and moved when older, or what? Personally, I couldn't have missed yesterday, and would have got up in the middle of the night if needed.

As a side note, I've found over the last couple of years that I get off to sleep quite nicely, not when counting sheep, but when replaying our goals in my head. Not that they should send you to sleep, but I must find it quite restful or something.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Well yeah, it would have been bloody annoying to have stayed up for the game against Luton, only to find that it was postponed.

I can't remember you're story - are you a Brighton fan from here and moved when older, or what? Personally, I couldn't have missed yesterday, and would have got up in the middle of the night if needed.

As a side note, I've found over the last couple of years that I get off to sleep quite nicely, not when counting sheep, but when replaying our goals in my head. Not that they should send you to sleep, but I must find it quite restful or something.
I am a Brighton supporter who emigrated to Australia.
When you move the clocks over there for daylight savings it pushes the time difference to 9 hours.
I usually catch Saturday games before this happens, but after they are on too late.
I have Optus Sport and Paramount and between them I can watch the game on Sunday, or the day after they are played when I wake up.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What on earth were they doing with Olise? Someone seriously has to have a think there...9 minutes and a wasted sub to find out he isn't ready?? I feel Roy's pain there...
To be fair, we did the same with Perv not so long ago didn’t we?

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
To be fair, we did the same with Perv not so long ago didn’t we?
Didn't Moder's very long lay off also come in a game from which he came off the bench?

Its not quite the same as he wasn't returning from injury at the time if memory serves, but it happens sometimes. If anyone was to blame for Olise, it has to be Palace medical staff, surely?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't Moder's very long lay off also come in a game from which he came off the bench?

Its not quite the same as he wasn't returning from injury at the time if memory serves, but it happens sometimes. If anyone was to blame for Olise, it has to be Palace medical staff, surely?
Yes, 5 minutes after coming on against Norwich in that 0-0 when Maupay had missed a pen. Difference was that he suffered the injury in an actual incident; Olise was just running in a straight line chasing back and pulled up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here