Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just got back to London - Great atmosphere and great support from the stands - we did enough and that’s all that matters.

I have only one thing to say to the Palace supporter who deliberately kicked my walking stick out from underneath me at East Croydon:

‘BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH! :banana:

:bloom:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just back and climbing into bed all clean, washed and happy.

Was up at 6 for work and then drove straight down for the match, getting to my seat in E1H at 19:29. It’s been a busy day. Up relatively early for today’s shift too,

Who cares? Today is going to be a good day. Now then… let’s just check these highlights before lights out.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
Another yellow? How many for a ban?

Apparently that was the fourth caution of the season, implying an automatic one-match ban :(

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A lot of their fans were labelling yesterday as 'Zaha's last dance' because it's potentially the last time he'll play against us.

If that's the case then it was a slow, depressive solo waltz by a captain as his ship slowly sinks around him.

Can't even remember the last time he scored against us from open play.

Hope he enjoys his semi-retirement over in Saudi Arabia. Ta-Ra.:bigwave:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Scrappy but three sweet, sweet points
Extra time was very, very tense...
I started my stopwatch when I saw the board go up, jebus, it felt like it was the longest 9 minutes of my life.

All around me, people were looking at the floor, biting nails, screaming at the defenders to hoof it.

I must say the tippy tappy build from the back, looks so much more dangerous when viewed from the opposite end of the ground.
Gives me heart palpitations, not being able to judge if a pass is good enough because of the view.

Anyway great three points, I thought we wasted free kick opportunities again, that needs some work.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great win, scrappy second half, palace better than I thought they’d be.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
A lot of their fans were labelling yesterday as 'Zaha's last dance' because it's potentially the last time he'll play against us.

If that's the case then it was a slow, depressive solo waltz by a captain as his ship slowly sinks around him.
Hope he enjoys his semi-retirement over in Saudi Arabia. Ta-Ra.:bigwave:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
“Palace supporter who deliberately kicked my walking stick out from underneath me at East Croydon:”

Shocking behaviour! That’s why so many hate Palace . I try not to .
I could not be there but the highlights showed a pretty even game with both ‘keepers preventing more goals at both ends. Steele was great. Yes Decoure should have walked .
But we won! … we have more than 40 points so at least we won’t be going down.:):)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Apparently that was the fourth caution of the season, implying an automatic one-match ban :(
Misses Grimsby? Or next league game? Who knows what was said but seems mad for RDZ to get a booking considering what goes unpunished from other managers

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Big smile on my face this morning. A fairly middling performance by our standards and yet we were still the far superior team, what a delight. In fairness to Palace that was their best performance against us in a long time and they did at least give it a go for the first 10 minutes. An absolutely huge three points.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The bloke with the explosions can come again. Second time they have done it and then killed their support stone dead. What is the point? There isn't even "scary" looking black smoke coming out of them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So happy this morning thanks to Solly. Such a great player and another beautiful strike. Thank you Solly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here