[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, sorry, I'm feeling and sounding negative this evening because, yet again, we have had 65 to 70% possession, numerous attempts at goal and failed to win. That's probably the 7th or 8th time this season and the 20th time in the last 3 seasons. It's our longstanding achilles heel.

Yeah, we should be second in the table. EVERYONE Out

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So if we had won all those, which you clearly think we should, we would be second in the table...!

Is that really what you expect and are moaning about, the fact we are NOT second in the Premier League?
I think you've nailed it.

If only Potter and Bloom could sort our obvious deficiencies we'd be second in the Premier League.

Tonight could be the final straw.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Because Potter is a clueless wet lettuce. Get rid asap

You tiny, tiny, tiny, silly, silly, silly little flaccid sausage. If you’d been in the stadium celebrating that almighty equaliser, you’d not have been spreading your uninformed, negative and toxic shite online. It was brilliant silencing Palace. Away with you Sir!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, sorry, I'm feeling and sounding negative this evening because, yet again, we have had 65 to 70% possession, numerous attempts at goal and failed to win. That's probably the 7th or 8th time this season and the 20th time in the last 3 seasons. It's our longstanding achilles heel.

If only you could’ve been Star Trek transported into the stadium for the game.

Everyone from what I could see and hear was so positive throughout, mass singing of the Maupay chant as we exited the NS.

A night to remember.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
@%1;

Of course, it is frustrating, but we set up in a way to dominate possession. By doing so we have less out and out attacking threat. But let’s compare that to Man Utd, who have some amazing strikers but can’t string two passes together in midfield.
For the cost of our squad, our points/ cost of squad must be top 2/3 in the league.
I constantly meet with my mates who are all Man United fans, and they are jealous of our style of play and ‘identity’. Long may Potterball reign and long may Uncle Tony rule.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You tiny, tiny, tiny, silly, silly, silly little flaccid sausage. If you’d been in the stadium celebrating that almighty equaliser, you’d not have been spreading your uninformed, negative and toxic shite online. It was brilliant silencing Palace. Away with you Sir!

Correct, but let’s be clear, Figgis is a Palace fan who is just trying to wind us up.
If anyone is a wet lettuce it is him, and I think you have over estimated the size of his sausage.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So that's around 8 matches this season where we have dominated but failed to win (I'm only counting the average and shit teams, not the ones above us in the table).

We've lost 4 times this season. Four!

FOUR TIMES!

If we were dominating and losing you'd maybe have a leg to stand on but we're not so you don't.

Imo.

Revel in it. We're 8th. We're basically safe. We've got young talent coming out of every orifice.

Life is good.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
With a bottom 6 wage bill.

Very very high expectations.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

According to this his expectations are that we should be around the same level as clubs spending 100 million a year more than us on wages.

Potter really can't win can he.

Incredible.

Let me bring this back to reality. Yet again we have dominated a match and failed to win. This happens with monotonous regularity against teams in the bottom half of the table, 3 seasons now. Disappointing, to say the least. If you're happy at failing to beat Newcastle, Norwich, Palace, Southampton, Leeds etc then fine. That's up to you.,

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Of course it is, our wage budget is bottom 6. https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

Goal scorers cost money, the reasons for this is that at this level goals are hard to score and goal scorers are hard to come by.

The long and short of it is that most often their is little variation between wage budget and league position. You can see from the link above that we are seriously punching above our weight at the moment. It is frustrating because we can all see how close we are to the next step, unfortunately the next step is both expensive and illusive. Finding goal scorers is not an exact science and not cheap. The club are working on it and we need to be patient. We can't afford the instant success of some clubs so we have to do it differently.

All indicators are that we continue to move in the right direction.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let me bring this back to reality. Yet again we have dominated a match and failed to win. This happens with monotonous regularity against teams in the bottom half of the table, 3 seasons now. Disappointing, to say the least. If you're happy at failing to beat Newcastle, Norwich, Palace, Southampton, Leeds etc then fine. That's up to you.,

See my post below . . . but of course i would love to be beating those teams. The thing is just concentrating on these results is going to be frustrating. What makes me happy is looking at the season as so far as a whole.

League table.png

And this with a bottom 6 wage budget. I am extremely happy with this. If you are looking at this and still being miserable and concentrating on failing to beat those teams then that's up to you.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports