[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You must have been watching on an iffy stream from Portugal, either that or you're a moron!

As Jim Royle one said, "shameful, my arse"!

I was watching on Sky and yet again I saw us dominating the game from start to finish and failing to win. At least we didn't lose this time. It's way past time the coach and players worked out how to convert possession into points.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter:

"I thought we were fantastic, first half especially. Can't get much more dominant that.

"Overall the performance and character of the team to recover from the set back of missing a penalty and conceding, to come back, really pleasing.

"It is football and all you can do is focus on the quality of our performance which was really, really pleasing. Overall in the game I thought we were the better team.

"I can't be anything but pleased with how we went about our work tonight."

"I think VAR got pretty much everything right. I can see why it was chalked off and why the penalty was given. Yep, well done."

"At the end of the game you have to take what you have. The thing we have to take forward is the performance level. If we maintain that performance we will win more than we lose."

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Because someone got tired cleaning up after you?

Eh? Isn't that you? Haven't you declared in the past that you literally don't clean up after yourself, have thousands of pizza boxes and live in filth?

If not, I apologise, I'm not on here to try and get personal about someone offering their opinion on the Internet.

Pleased with the final result. Disappointed not to win. But I was right (as usual) in that if we conceded first, in terms of us winning the game, it'd be game over and it was. So that's a shame.

I thought overall, we were far the better side. But very, very disappointed in Gros. Very poor body language, I could of saved that penalty in the North stand. So lazy, couldn't be bothered to chase the rebound, just accepted it was a miss before he struck a ball. Will be pleased if that's the last time he plays for us. What a servant he's been. But we move on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any of you negative twats after the team was announced who knocked Potter’s team selection want to hold your hands up to how wrong you were?

Yes. Was disappointed to see Gross in there. No change of that opinion after 90 minutes. Now, if you seriously think that is the opinion of a 'negative (singular of^) twats, if you sir (or madam or wherever else you identify) can't see who is being the .....ermmmm ........well, you are the one who appears to like bandying around derogative words. I'll refrain.

Starnge that '****' (singular) is proscribed, but if you want to mention as many f*ck*n' twats (plural) as you like, that's fine!

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Graham Potter:

"I thought we were fantastic, first half especially. Can't get much more dominant that.

"Overall the performance and character of the team to recover from the set back of missing a penalty and conceding, to come back, really pleasing.

"It is football and all you can do is focus on the quality of our performance which was really, really pleasing. Overall in the game I thought we were the better team.

"I can't be anything but pleased with how we went about our work tonight."

"I think VAR got pretty much everything right. I can see why it was chalked off and why the penalty was given. Yep, well done."

"At the end of the game you have to take what you have. The thing we have to take forward is the performance level. If we maintain that performance we will win more than we lose."

Sensible as ever. Think like 15 other PL managers would have moaned about the Maupay goal being disallowed even if it was obviously the right call.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was very impresed with Conor Gallagher's interview. Humble and brutally honest about his performance and his teams performance.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I thought we were sensational tonight. The quality of our play was unbelievable - right up there with our best this season. Just unlucky not to win and win well.

I'm not sure it's bad luck when it happens so consistently against every team that sets up defensively against us. 3 seasons now and still no answers.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I'm not flouncing. They've had 3 seasons to find a way to convert massive possession stats into points and they still fail.

I must have imagined we are just outside a European place, with only 5 Premier League winners, Tottenham and West Ham above us.

Maybe when Tony Bloom fires our "shameful" management team you might like to throw your hat in the ring to show us how it should be done...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes we deserved to win, no we didn't win and that's a bit frustrating.

We missed a pen, we hit the bar, we had a goal disallowed, their keeper had to make some very good saves.

But how anyone can be anything other than delighted by the football we play is mad.

Imagine it the other way around, imagine Palace had done to us what we did to them tonight.

Shame we didn't win but I feel pretty positive about the future of this team of players under this coach, and the future of this club.

This with big dongly cow bells, I really enjoyed that, great atmosphere, we literally dominated from start to finish.
I did not hear one negative comment after the final whistle, and then I came on here….

We’re probably going to finish with our highest point tally in the top flight ever, and people are friggin whinging….

Crack on….

Crack on whinge bags,

I’m happy though.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I was watching on Sky and yet again I saw us dominating the game from start to finish and failing to win. At least we didn't lose this time. It's way past time the coach and players worked out how to convert possession into points.

Even Neville and Carragher just said there is nothing more the coach can do. Trossard is through one one one, he’s an international player. No coaching makes him score that. Gross has taken penalties for us for years, Potter can’t coach him to not miss hit it. Moder hitting the bar; it’s potters coaching that gets him into those positions.

ITS NOT THE COACH

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thoughts:

- Probably don’t leave their best player with the freedom of the penalty box.

- Cucurella did well to keep the dangerous Olise very quiet.

- Losing Lallana really didn’t help. He looked bang up for it.

- Joel Ward is hilariously shit.

- Felt we only really mixed up our attacks once Welbeck and March were on. Before that EVERYTHING was pass to Webster for a (usually quite decent) lump forward. Just felt we could’ve mixed it up a bit more.

- No complaints on any of the decisions, thought the ref had a good game.

- Poor pen from Gross and - we’ve said this before and been wrong but - I wonder if he is still up to starting for us. Bear in mind he’s only going to get slower. Love the guy but if Mac Allister can produce the same level of dead ball quality then I struggle to see a place for Pascal.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Even Neville and Carragher just said there is nothing more the coach can do. Trossard is through one one one, he’s an international player. No coaching makes him score that. Gross has taken penalties for us for years, Potter can’t coach him to not miss hit it. Moder hitting the bar; it’s potters coaching that gets him into those positions.

ITS NOT THE COACH

Ay, ****ing men!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports