Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I honestly can't believe that Gross thinks that's acceptable. No run up. Why? You don't even hit the ball hard. You are an absolute disgrace Pascale Gross in a game of this size and don't serve to be playing.

You have been one of our best PL signings but I would take you off at half time for that. Disgrace. I'm so angry as you can tell. Pathetic.

We'll need to bring on Lamptey when Palace inevitably improve.

Short run up = shit penalty. It’s always the case.

Shouldn’t have been taken with that flare going off either.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good performance so far.

They seem to be crowding Trossard out of the game, leaving room for others.

Cucurella had a great 45.

One adjustment - we need to shore up our right. They’re countering with 3 pacey players against Veltman and the incredibly slow Gross.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Solid half. As ever however missing clear cut chances. Definitely a pen but one of the worst ever seen. Whichever way the keeper moves or even if he doesn’t it’s going to hit his legs. If you’re putting it down the central third it has to have power to have a chance.

Butland had two hands on the later ball but no clear control. Can’t complain too much that the goal was ruled out despite Maupay doing nothing wrong and by letter of the law thought a goal.

Every time one of our players like Gross has a little stroll in midfield/defense instead of a yard of pace/effort I worry, and every time they dive or elbow or do some other ‘gamesmanship’ I expect them to score their one shot while we waste our 20 and don’t take 10 more we could have. Oh what it is to be a fan of our team and not changed in nearly 40 years! Whatever the level and whoever the opposition, just magnified ten times by it being palarse.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Such a lazy penalty. Couldn't be arsed to run in for the rebound.

Bloke next to me reckoned rebound was cleared by a Palace player in the area before it was taken, hence the long delay before the resulting corner while it was checked. Didn't notice myself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Meanwhile on the Palace board they are getting absolutely "murdered".

Except they’re not. Because we haven’t inflicted a paper cut on them yet never mind drawn blood at left them rolling on the ground unconscious. Murder? We’re tickling them as usual before we take an almighty sucker punch in the face as per last season, the season before, the season before…

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Aside from my despair that Gross started, I’m still mystified why Gross took the penalty with Trossard and Mac Allister on the pitch?! Gross has always taken a shit penalty. Bizarre.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Good performance so far.

One adjustment - we need to shore up our right. They’re countering with 3 pacey players against Veltman and the incredibly slow Gross.

If only we had the quickest, most energetic and dynamic right back in the league of the bench.......

Don't wait until 70 mins Potter or Palace score.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Half an hour left, switch to a 3-5-2, move Veltman to CB, bring Lamptey at RWB and stick Welbeck up top with Maups, we score three and all is lovely in the world.

Would do that even sooner. It's weird knowing two of our besta nd most effective players are sub while Gross and Moder are on. (I know they get injured etc)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good performance so far.

Thats an easy fix, get Gross off the pitch. Job done.

Caidedo, Alzate, March, Leonard. Couldnt be worse imho.

Hold on my hand up I thought the selection looked weird but Potter has confounded me again as he’s done a lot this season, bravo Graham, We’re in total control. I’d take that in a nervy derby and this is a million times better performance than the Selhurst game. Of course at 0-0 we could be mugged - yeh that happens in this fixture lol. But I’d rather be us than them right now for sure, they were crap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here