[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cheltenham Town ** Official Match Day Thread **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't know why people are surprised. Since Jan we have lost 14 players(maybe more) and bought in 5 (and two of them are injured). What did people expect??? and we have no asst manager.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What I don't understand is we're not strengthening our squad we're still weakening it with selling Buckley, just doesn't add up anymore. Wouldn't blame Hyppia if he walked

not a nice thought that
but funnier things have happened

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know why people are surprised. Since Jan we have lost 14 players(maybe more) and bought in 5 (and two of them are injured). What did people expect??? and we have no asst manager.

Having watched the lack of any pattern or shape on saturday, personally i'm not surprised at all

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't think his system requires wingers!!!
He needs real quality creative midfielders that can float around the final third,we have dire slow midfielders.

Fair enough but if you get to a club you work with players ahead of systems . 2 play of campaigns with wingers means him coming in with limited signings but expecting his system to work is naive. Maybe a decent no 2 could of told him this .

I'm not saying his system won't work but it won't with what we currently have

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm now beginning to want us to lose. It might inject a bit of urgency into our thinking. Would a 2-0 win have some thinking "that's alright, we're up and running"

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Having seen a number of pictures on twitter of both the East and West stands, I don't even think there's 6k there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What I don't understand is we're not strengthening our squad we're still weakening it with selling Buckley, just doesn't add up anymore. Wouldn't blame Hyppia if he walked

He may not have the option to walk away if the fans mount a rebellion

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There are two ways to get out of this division( the right way), you either----

A) Spend loads of money, as Poyet did. And we should have gone up.

or

B) Get a tried and tested manager, who knows this division inside out and let him bring in his own men and players he trust's to do the job needed.

We have done niether, with bot Garcia and now looking like Hyypia is getting the same deal.

I will add to that, I am not slagging HYYPIA, but ig he is not backed, he doesn't stand a chance.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thank God its not first goal wins or we might still be here tomorrow.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This is possibly the first time in my history of an Albion fan I'd like to see us lose. For one it's only the Carling Cup - but losing against league two fodder would really send the alarm bells ringing, and hopefully kick the board up the arse with just 18 days to go.

and you think that might make them do something?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to the BBC, "Attempt saved. Kemy Agustien (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from very close range is saved in the centre of the goal" - but not significant enough for them to count it as a shot on target, apparently!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports