Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cheltenham Town ** Official Match Day Thread **

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Seconded! Handy for an evening out, POTG and cheap as chips - pity there's no replays in this competition!

you would'nt squeeze everybody in Whaddon Road

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Will be interesting to see how the team sets itself out. Looks to me that Bruno is in midfield.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
How many defenders do we need? Not impressed with that lineup at all.

Assuming Bruno will be used in midfield. Some sort of 4-4-2 potentially or 3 centre backs with Bruno and Chicksen as wing backs. Not sure what shale it will take though as there is no other wide player amongst the midfielders.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Assuming Bruno will be used in midfield. Some sort of 4-4-2 potentially. Not sure what shale it will take though as there is no other wide player amongst the midfielders. Maybe a diamond?

Surely we have enough midfielders not to have to play a defender there?

No width and no creative players.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Surely we have enough midfielders not to have to play a defender there?

No width and no creative players.

March still out injured according to Naylor on twitter. Make of Buckleys omission from the bench what you will. Doesn't instill me with confidence this lineup but we can hope

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stockdale; Chicksen, Greer, Dunk, Calderon; Bruno, Ince, Forster-Caskey; Agustien, Mackail-Smith, O'Grady

Confusing the way they lay out the teams when naming them now - always used to name them from right to left (probably coinciding with the old numbering scheme - GK 1, RB 2, LB 3, RH 4 etc. etc.

So what's going on here? Chicksen at RB and Calde at LB? Or is Bruno playing left midfield?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
March still out injured according to Naylor on twitter. Make of Buckleys omission from the bench what you will. Doesn't instill me with confidence this lineup but we can hope

should we get used to a line-up like this I wonder?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
should we get used to a line-up like this I wonder?

Perhaps if we don't do much business. I'm going out on a whim and going to suggest we'll see a diamond in the middle

--------Ince--------
--Bruno-----JFC---
--------Kemy------

With Calde and Chicksen providing the width

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could be 3-5-2 -

----------------Stockdale;

----------Greer, Dunk, Calderon;

Bruno-------------------------------Chicksen;
------------Ince,--------Forster-Caskey;
------------------Agustien

------------Mackail-Smith, O'Grady

......or could we even be looking at some sort of 4-4-2, with Bruno and Calde just looking after the right side between them (something I've always felt I'd quite like to see tried)?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheltenham 13/2 to win.

The Ferret ‏@BHAFerret 6m
#bhafc @skybet #FerretTips Teams out and Albion have drifted to 1/2 while the Robins shrink to 5/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here