Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You can clearly see on the club extended highlights he raises and leads with his shoulder. Now we know he's not a dirty player and he probably doesn't mean it but he does catch him in the face and the player needs to go off with concussion.

Seen plenty of accidental blocks that have lead to head injuries given as reds.
I must be watching a different video.

Here is the point of impact - it is clearly Lamptey's shoulder that connects with Mudryk's face. Nasty injury for sure but that's not even a foul! I've never ever seen an accidental block being given as a red card. And we know that a referee's decision should not be influenced by the severity of injury.

1715879486602.png

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Barco was MOTM for me , always looking to get forward, his crossing was very good.

Thought Webster was very good, we looked better when Dunk was off , we were more forward looking (maybe because of Barco) but Webster was going forward as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Barco was MOTM for me , always looking to get forward, his crossing was very good.

Thought Webster was very good, we looked better when Dunk was off , we were more forward looking (maybe because of Barco) but Webster was going forward as well.
I kept eye on Webster and he was far from flawless again, some very near costly mistakes and passes. Sorry, must been watching a different player. Got to ship him this summer. Just not good enough as cover either.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I kept eye on Webster and he was far from flawless again, some very near costly mistakes and passes. Sorry, must been watching a different player. Got to ship him this summer. Just not good enough as cover either.
Totally agree he did make mistakes , some suicide passes , but he also did a great block and some good defensive tackles. Trouble is when Dunk does it no one sees it...

Need to look at every player and see how their mistakes which cost us the game e.g. Enciso's poor header , Adringa not hitting the target a couple of times and I think it was him that did not close down quick enough on the left for their second goal. Gross missing a very good chance. Dunk coming back on , dead set on getting into his position and ran passed Gallagher leaving him free to help with their first goal.

I guess we watched the same game but chose to have a different focus on things.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• IMG-20240516-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240516-WA0003.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 97

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not sure how nearly getting sent off early on qualifies anyone for MOM. It was only because they didn't have close up footage that he didn't walk.

The disallowed (harsh IMO) goal and the slip for the second makes it worse.

By the way, who was the bell end co-commentator last night ?
I assume you were watching it on TV, same as me. They didn't have close-up footage, so you saw no more than me and the VAR folk. So - not sure how you can be quite so categoric that he would have been sent off.

Did I miss something completely re: Lamptey's collision with Mudryk?

It was completely innocuous live. I've seen it back and at the very worst it's a block by Tariq that catches Mudryk at an unfortunate angle. There's no movement of the arm whatsoever, the connection is with his shoulder and Lamptey seems completely unaware of any damage he's caused. If that's being given as a red then I don't know the laws anywhere near as well as I thought I did...

You can clearly see on the club extended highlights he raises and leads with his shoulder. Now we know he's not a dirty player and he probably doesn't mean it but he does catch him in the face and the player needs to go off with concussion.

Seen plenty of accidental blocks that have lead to head injuries given as reds.

Thing is - he only got caught in the face/head because he put his head/face down. Lamptey couldn't really reach his face with his shoulder without jumping.

Jimmy Grimble

For all the Caicedo didn’t play well talk I’ve heard, I have to say there was a huge Caicedo shaped hole in our midfield, as there has been nearly all season. Last night, like many other games this year, we seriously lacked pace, power and proper defensive cover in transition. I thought the job he did for them was good, and if he had done that for us, we’d have been happy.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
For all the Caicedo didn’t play well talk I’ve heard, I have to say there was a huge Caicedo shaped hole in our midfield, as there has been nearly all season. Last night, like many other games this year, we seriously lacked pace, power and proper defensive cover in transition. I thought the job he did for them was good, and if he had done that for us, we’d have been happy.
Absolutely. However, he has been average to poor for most of the season, and has only found his feet in the last 6-7 games, helping with and helped by Chelsea’s great form. For £115m, across a season, he hasn’t done that well.

Next season will be huge for him. But f*** him, he’s gone - let’s get the next one in the summer.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
It was Wee Billy and Cement boots Pascal versus Gallagher (who runs solidly for 95 minutes) and Caicedo (who is athleticism, pace and power personified). Miss match in there. We really need at least one centre midfielder this summer. Baleba for all his attributes and potential is so one footed and positionally poor.

In fact, we've gone from Mwepu, Bissouma, Caicedo and Maccilster to Gross and Gilmour.

Jimmy Grimble

It was Wee Billy and Cement boots Pascal versus Gallagher (who runs solidly for 95 minutes) and Caicedo (who is athleticism, pace and power personified). Miss match in there. We really need at least one centre midfielder this summer. Baleba for all his attributes and potential is so one footed and positionally poor.

In fact, we've gone from Mwepu, Bissouma, Caicedo and Maccilster to Gross and Gilmour.
Baleba’s one-footedness is something I hoped he would’ve improved on by now. His physical profile is very good, but he is poor on his right side - the biggest issue is his body shape and the angles he creates when he’s receiving the ball. To be a top player in that position you need to be able to manipulate your body positioning and be comfortable receiving on either side and then be capable of turning out. At the moment, he channels his movements too easily and wants everything on his left.

You are correct in saying we need a new CM, I sincerely hope it’s someone with Baleba’s physical profile but with a much better pedigree. Not ruling Carlos out by any means, but he is still short of the finished article and could do with someone to learn from.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why did it take so long for the ref to allow Dunk back on. When he was allowed back on, he was out of Position and thats when they scored.
Chelsea play went off but allowed back in qithin 10 seconds.
Michael Salisbury was appalling, but this is one thing we cannot pin on him.

He did not delay Dunk’s return to the pitch - our medical staff did. He was waved on literally the first moment he was ready to do so.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This was right in front of us and I thought it was a soft pen shout.

But looking at the slow mo, no idea why it was not given. Gusto clearly sticks his leg out, misses the ball and hits Adringa.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I must be watching a different video.

Here is the point of impact - it is clearly Lamptey's shoulder that connects with Mudryk's face. Nasty injury for sure but that's not even a foul! I've never ever seen an accidental block being given as a red card. And we know that a referee's decision should not be influenced by the severity of injury.

View attachment 182389
Mudryk stooping or else TL s shoulder catches him tit height

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Michael Salisbury was appalling, but this is one thing we cannot pin on him.

He did not delay Dunk’s return to the pitch - our medical staff did. He was waved on literally the first moment he was ready to do so.
Dunk was standing on the sideline for quite a few seconds because I remember shouting at the ref to let him back on. So was most of our area in the north.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely this, the club back slapping when Welbeck and Milner signed new deals was laughable.
Welbeck can hold the ball up, and head it well, which is what we needed on Wednesday night. I think we would’ve got a draw out of the game if he got on the pitch earlier.
I’m pleased he’s got a new contract.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Welbeck can hold the ball up, and head it well, which is what we needed on Wednesday night. I think we would’ve got a draw out of the game if he got on the pitch earlier.
I’m pleased he’s got a new contract.
Isn’t that a myth? We haven’t scored more than one goal in the last 16 games, Welbeck has led the line in most of those.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here