Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Very enjoyable game. We could easily have got something from it, but hey ho.
Barco was excellent - what a player. And Baleba gave a nice little cameo off the bench - he keeps getting better.
How has Cucurella turned himself into such a vile pr*ck? He seemed a decent, down-to-earth sort of guy when he was with us. Disappointing that he seems to have rediscovered his form from two years ago.

Looking forward to next season…😊
Exactly my feelings after the match.
Cucurella deserved the booing all the way through.
Barco was enormously exciting.
We played by far the more entertaining football, but they had more “steel”, probably. We did hit the woodwork twice, too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thought we played well in patches but was quite alarmed by how many good situations we gave Chelsea at the beginning of the second half. They had 3 moves in about 5 minutes where it was 2 on 2, luckily they didn't do anything.

Once they went 2 up they just sat back. I thought they looked a lot better than us and next season will be top 4.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Whisper it (and it was the same last time he was injured): I am not sure we are weakened when Dunk is absent. We have other players. Webster was excellent today and I'm pleased about that.

In fact, I really enjoyed how good we were today. No ifs or buts. I don't generally do pride, but I felt something; pleasing.
So pleased for Webbo, he has had a hard time this season, with injury and seemingly out of favour with RDZ.( and several on here) Given the opportunity, I am sure he still has a lot to offer the club.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Chelsea were very average take Palmer out of that side and they are nothing special. Watching last night reminds me of what an astonishing bit of business Caicedo was he looked so average in that side and was hiding in the game when for that price should be running the show.

Chelsea fans crowing about their chances of qualifying for the conference league says it all about how far they have fallen they are miles off a top 4 side which considering how much they spent is laughable

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So pleased for Webbo, he has had a hard time this season, with injury and seemingly out of favour with RDZ.( and several on here) Given the opportunity, I am sure he still has a lot to offer the club.
Generally Webster was excellent with one or two bad moments.

Surely there's not a chance we can find a better 3rd or 4th choice CB than him. If he can somehow go 6 months without a niggle, i'd fancy him to overhaul JPVH in the pecking order.

It's blokes like him we should be offering new deals to, not people who are past it

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Decent game and enjoyable evening all being told. If you block out the Chelsea plums.

Does make you weep to think what might have happened if we had solly, mitoma and Enciso all fit for this season.

That said there is bags of talent in this squad. A couple of additions at full back, and cente mid / back. We do need to keep an eye on leadership on the pitch as well. I thought they were going to fold after the second went in for a while but they got it together.

How good is Barco😍😍. Not only the fans that think so, amazingn to see how much the players deferred to him out on the pitch to make something happen. He's got an arrogant swagger that I like and took the responsibility. Those balls in were vicious. Him and Baleba need to start against united.

I wasn't the massive fan of Undav like some but we really do need to deal with our players' hesitancy in the box. Quite a few chances he would have hit first time ended up with dithering and having the ball nicked (Pedro and Pascal 🫥).

As an aside, still loving the thinned out crowd at the Amex. Getting served amd urinaled without fuss, bit of elbow room. Fairweather fans, I salute ye.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Enjoyed last night, I sound like a busted chew-toy this morning. What was going on in N1G at half-time, police in the stands, but didn't look like they were ejecting any Chelsea, seemed to involve our support?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Surely there's not a chance we can find a better 3rd or 4th choice CB than him. If he can somehow go 6 months without a niggle, i'd fancy him to overhaul JPVH in the pecking order.

It's blokes like him we should be offering new deals to, not people who are past it
I think Webster is gone at the end of the season, there 2 or 3 catastrophic mistakes in him every game

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

He’s a sick note. Has been since he arrived.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Chelsea were very average take Palmer out of that side and they are nothing special. Watching last night reminds me of what an astonishing bit of business Caicedo was he looked so average in that side and was hiding in the game when for that price should be running the show.

Chelsea fans crowing about their chances of qualifying for the conference league says it all about how far they have fallen they are miles off a top 4 side which considering how much they spent is laughable
I actually think they will challenge for Top 4 next season, but will be very happy if I'm proved wrong,!!
I think Caicedo has performed very well in their recent games, although agree he looked middling yesterday.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Exactly my feelings after the match.
Cucurella deserved the booing all the way through.
Barco was enormously exciting.
We played by far the more entertaining football, but they had more “steel”, probably. We did hit the woodwork twice, too.
Yes, we were more entertaining overall, but Chelsea's goals were quality (it hurts to say it 😬).

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I actually think they will challenge for Top 4 next season, but will be very happy if I'm proved wrong,!!
I think Caicedo has performed very well in their recent games, although agree he looked middling yesterday.
They look like what they are, not a very coherent team with high grade constituent parts. When it clicks ot works but they spent a lot of the evening not being very cohesive. They also looked like they were falling apart under pressure at the end and we were the better team for lots of the second half.

What they do have is absolutely bags of physicality and pace. Nkunku, that ponytailed twerp, Palmer, the basketball lad up front. Madueke. All like shit off a shovel. Theyre all massive as well. So when our attacks broke down they just needed to volley clear over our creaking slow backline and they would get to it every time so it looked like likenan effective tactic but they'll need more coherencr against the top teams. I'm just not convinced Pochetino has it in him to turn that into something more consistent.

Their best player for me was Gusto. He looked excellent fast and powerful and made Adingra look like a schoolkid.

No surprise when Adingra was shifted over to face Coco the clown and had much more success. And Pedro and Barco had tons of success down the left when Wide-Load came on, even before he had his aberration.

Arun1664

Nov 2, 2009
Highlight for me was watching Cucurella frantically gesturing to a Ball Boy to give him the ball for a throw in, while the Boy left it at his feet until Cucurella got within a couple of feet of him 😀

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Pedro needs some heading practise during the close season, seems to mistime his jumps. Maybe Welbs can take him aside.
Not sure how Lamps got MOM it was Barco for me with his exciting 45 mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here