[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Typical Chelsea fan:

Love this - a few gave it a bit too much outside in the coach park and scarpered when a few BHA confronted them - was funny viewing tho 🤣

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Disappointed to lose . . . Chelsea have players who are bigger better and faster, and cost 10 time more, but they 're still cheaty little shit c**ts who don't deserve anything.

I hate the petty cheating . . . Palm tree up front just being a weapons grade cockwomble . . . .if he channeled that into playing football he'd be good.

Cucurella as public enemy No1 did well to not cry, a shame we didn't attack him more, he would have crumbled.

Caicedo's disguise didn't last long. . . . Beleba will be better in a year or so . . . A shame he's been rushed into it, but £100m is £100m

I wish we'd f***ing shoot . . . . The law of averages says we'd have scored one or two more . . .

frustrating. . . .

also, twats everywhere, on the road, in 1901, all over the place. . . . I'd not realised how many scumbag chelsea wankers live locally

rant over. . . .I've run out of expletives

ARSE!
Brilliant rant, that's cheered me up no end!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was given as a pen yesterday when Doku was fouled.

Gusto has obstructed Adingra's movement to get to the ball by sticking a leg out, it's a clear pen.
How many times will people like you not understand the rules?!

Doku - Man City - pen
Adingra? Who? Oh Brighton… who are they playing? Todd’s Chelsea….! No way a pen shhhhhhh

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That was given as a pen yesterday when Doku was fouled.

Gusto has obstructed Adingra's movement to get to the ball by sticking a leg out, it's a clear pen.
Different. It wasn’t IMO (and the refs and commentators) though thought was at first.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Why are Chelsea fans moaning about the ref being a disgrace for not sending off lamptwy? It looked like a coming together with a shoulder to the head to me. Not malicious at all. Very strange.

I don’t think var is bent - they are just inept.

On an unfortunate note, anyone got an email to report homophobic abuse? Took a pic of the cultprits
A lot of that nonsense on the train. The saddest aspect was the offenders were in their 20s. I'd expect it off well grilled 60 something gammon types who've been saying that stuff forever, but expected the youth to be a bit more with the times.

To fit the Chelsea stereotype, the main protagonist was moaning about the trains and how he had to get back to Crawley!

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
A lot of that nonsense on the train. The saddest aspect was the offenders were in their 20s. I'd expect it off well grilled 60 something gammon types who've been saying that stuff forever, but expected the youth to be a bit more with the times.

To fit the Chelsea stereotype, the main protagonist was moaning about the trains and how he had to get back to Crawley!
Had a few on my train back to Brighton and a fellow Chelsea fan told them to cut it out as they were making the club look like dickheads. Just doubled down. Wish I’d filmed them doing it but not sure anything would be done about it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He also disallowed what looked to me like a nailed on penalty to us. He was awful for both sides, let things go that he should have pulled up and pulled up things he should have let go
Salisbury is the worst of the Prem refs without a shadow of a doubt. He is totally clueless about what is a foul, what is a dive and what is a good tackle. Its really amazing how inept he is. I wonder if he is very short-sighted and has managed to keep it a secret by never wearing glasses or contact lenses. That would explain the fact that he is equally useless as a VAR official.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Yeah he did. Everyone around me was saying it just as I was thinking it. He’s brilliant and was very very good today.
I didn’t think he was all that. He had a couple of good runs but also made a few errors. But most of all I just don’t think he saw a lot of the ball. Compare with Cucurella who was being booed constantly. The Caicedo boos were far more sporadic.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Thought Webby in particular had a great game especially after Dunk came off, took charge at the back. Barco was great too. JP, Ensico and Buonanotte combined well today as well with a couple of very nice moves, shame about our reluctance to shoot. Adingra by contrast shot a lot and was a bit pony. I like him, but I don't feel like he's any better now than at the start of the season which is very frustrating.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought Webby in particular had a great game especially after Dunk came off, took charge at the back. Barco was great too. JP, Ensico and Buonanotte combined well today as well with a couple of very nice moves, shame about our reluctance to shoot. Adingra by contrast shot a lot and was a bit pony. I like him, but I don't feel like he's any better now than at the start of the season which is very frustrating.
Whisper it (and it was the same last time he was injured): I am not sure we are weakened when Dunk is absent. We have other players. Webster was excellent today and I'm pleased about that.

In fact, I really enjoyed how good we were today. No ifs or buts. I don't generally do pride, but I felt something; pleasing.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Whisper it (and it was the same last time he was injured): I am not sure we are weakened when Dunk is absent. We have other players. Webster was excellent today and I'm pleased about that.

In fact, I really enjoyed how good we were today. No ifs or buts. I don't generally do pride, but I felt something; pleasing.
I thought the first half we were not at the races , they were quicker , stronger, and looked dangerous every time they attacked us ,
they also looked some much bigger on the pitch than us ,

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

But still gave away at least 2 very good situations . One he managed to save from his own mistake and the other the ref saved him . He was pretty decent but he is still a liability waiting to happen . Ok as squad player only for me

Lamptey looked like was wearing lead boots

Barco was fantastic

Bits of it were ok . Chelsea always looked dangerous going forward though

Let’s finish on a high Sunday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports