[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He immediately disallowed Jackson’s goal though. And eventually took out a red card.

They have to ‘take a long time‘ for monitor checks following VAR interventions otherwise how else are they going to not look completely frickin incompetent … performative thinking :lolol:

Chewing Gum Zoo GIF by Storyful
He also disallowed what looked to me like a nailed on penalty to us. He was awful for both sides, let things go that he should have pulled up and pulled up things he should have let go

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We don't have the billion pound bottle jobs power or pace
Not just that, but they seemed to be able to pass it to their own players all the time, even in tight spots. They have changed drastically from a few months back when they simply couldn't seem to play together as a team at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
i think it was far from the worst he’s played for us but you can still see the immense flaws there. he’s not good enough to be our starting RB. he’s lost loads of his pace, isn’t a particularly good crosser and doesn’t offer that much going forward. he’s a nightmare defensively, very physically weak and can’t stop good 1v1 wingers. so we could maybe keep him around as a back up, except that’s a complete non starter due to his abysmal injury record
Yep hard to argue against much of that. Squad player perhaps, we could do worse but agree we need better first choice or indeed first cover.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
i think it was far from the worst he’s played for us but you can still see the immense flaws there. he’s not good enough to be our starting RB. he’s lost loads of his pace, isn’t a particularly good crosser and doesn’t offer that much going forward. he’s a nightmare defensively, very physically weak and can’t stop good 1v1 wingers. so we could maybe keep him around as a back up, except that’s a complete non starter due to his abysmal injury record
Sadly I agree. His ‘raison d’être’ was his electric pace and that has gone. He’s never been a great defender and his close control, final ball and decision making aren’t good enough in the final third. Looked lucky to stay on the pitch as well. New RB with Veltman and Hinsh as back ups needed.

Barco looks a player though…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports