[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cucurella is so unlikable.
There was a steward in the North at half time, spitting image of cucurella (big hair), he got hounded and instead of laughing got pissed off which made it worse..

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
final thoughts:

really good game. annoying result for obvious reasons, though they clearly had the better quality up front

welbeck should’ve been on much earlier. our best presence and he wasn’t on the pitch during the period when we were putting the best crosses into the box.

i’ve watched the second goal back. it’s dreadful from adingra. he knows his man is there, he’ll have been coached on what runs to anticipate, and he just totally leaves gusto. unforgivably lazy

barco will be a £100M player one day. absolutely excellent bit of recruitment, needs to start on sunday.

reece james is a nasty c***

we need someone with long-range shooting ability in the summer. that samardzic we keep being linked with would be great. if we’re not going to be able to get i. behind, id much rather someone be able to hit one from out the box rather than all the fanning around that leads to nothing

lamptey is not good enough and needs replaced in the summer

and finally, i wouldn’t trust michael salisbury to referee an under 9s game, let alone a premier league game. we were totally screwed out of a stonewall penalty, lamptey should’ve been sent off and he was giving nonexistent free kicks all night whilst missing obvious ones. different game either way if he was any good at his job. you will never be able to fix VAR or refereeing until the likes of salisbury are removed

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not saying the ref was biased but f*** me how long did he take to make a decision on both monitor referrals ? Both were blindingly obvious on first viewing. He didn’t want to give either
Said same. It’s puzzling. He was very poor tonight. Incompetent.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
final thoughts:

really good game. annoying result for obvious reasons, though they clearly had the better quality up front

welbeck should’ve been on much earlier. our best presence and he wasn’t on the pitch during the period when we were putting the best crosses into the box.

i’ve watched the second goal back. it’s dreadful from adingra. he knows his man is there, he’ll have been coached on what runs to anticipate, and he just totally leaves gusto. unforgivably lazy

barco will be a £100M player one day. absolutely excellent bit of recruitment, needs to start on sunday.

reece james is a nasty c***

we need someone with long-range shooting ability in the summer. that samardzic we keep being linked with would be great. if we’re not going to be able to get i. behind, id much rather someone be able to hit one from out the box rather than all the fanning around that leads to nothing

lamptey is not good enough and needs replaced in the summer

and finally, i wouldn’t trust michael salisbury to referee an under 9s game, let alone a premier league game. we were totally screwed out of a stonewall penalty, lamptey should’ve been sent off and he was giving nonexistent free kicks all night whilst missing obvious. different game either way if he was any good at his job. you will never be able to fix VAR or refereeing until the likes of salisbury are removed
Agree with all that except Tariq. Thought he did alright tonight, very good at times. Not saying his time may have passed with us but tonight he had a decent enough game.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Agree with all that except Tariq. Thought he did alright tonight, very good at times. Not saying his time may have passed with us but tonight he had a decent enough game.
i think it was far from the worst he’s played for us but you can still see the immense flaws there. he’s not good enough to be our starting RB. he’s lost loads of his pace, isn’t a particularly good crosser and doesn’t offer that much going forward. he’s a nightmare defensively, very physically weak and can’t stop good 1v1 wingers. so we could maybe keep him around as a back up, except that’s a complete non starter due to his abysmal injury record

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yep Tariq had a better game than I expected. No real criticism of anyone, we gave it a go, they were better than us, which they should be given the players they have

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
i think it was far from the worst he’s played for us but you can still see the immense flaws there. he’s not good enough to be our starting RB. he’s lost loads of his pace, isn’t a particularly good crosser and doesn’t offer that much going forward. he’s a nightmare defensively, very physically weak and can’t stop good 1v1 wingers. so we could maybe keep him around as a back up, except that’s a complete non starter due to his abysmal injury record

Based on all those deficiencies, he should be moved on.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We don't have the billion pound bottle jobs power or pace but thought we played ok in patches and liked our determination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports