[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Chelsea really are desperate aren't they lapping that up. I'm not to disappointed to be out really. We've got bigger things to focus on.

Don't know what Buonanotte offers us. He has no attributes that makes us better and just comes inside when playing on the wing. He will never start centrally and did nothing for the 30 mins he played there. Bar one small run V City he makes us worse - see Forest away (lose - I know he scored), Everton home (battered) and Bournemouth first half on Sunday (losing).

JPVH and Lamptey were good although weak at the end.
JP's finishing was very poor.
Pervis should have had the night off.
Concerned by March at the moment. It's like the March prior to RDZ - needs a rocket up his arse.
We are so much better with Dunk, Joel and Billy in the team.
👆just hit the nail firmly on the head!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Weirdly I was more annoyed about JP’s effort at the end, not smashing into Cucurellas mush than going in the back of the net.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Positives: JPVH, Pedro, Tariq, Karou, Pervis, and Karou roasting Cucutwatface.

Negatives: Thought Baleba looked a few games from being ready, gave it away a lot. Dahoud also looked lazy and wasteful until Billy came on. Buonnanote I have defended a lot but tonight showed he is a long way from being physically ready for this level. It’s actually unfair putting him in there at the moment. Should be off on loan getting stronger and minutes. Fati missing another sitter.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
EFL cup wiped from the bottom of our shoes allowing us to focus on more important competitions.
Such a distraction these little competions when pushing for a champions league place & the Europa Cup.
So unbothered by the loss.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Shame. Don't mind being out, but still hate losing matches. A few players look off it.

Also, this and the Athens game show how important Dunk is to us.
We just have to play one of dunk and veltman. Although tbh Chelsea barely threatened us. 2 crap teams tonight sadly. A very low quality game.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Positives: JPVH, Pedro, Tariq, Karou, Pervis, and Karou roasting Cucutwatface.

Negatives: Thought Baleba looked a few games from being ready, gave it away a lot. Dahoud also looked lazy and wasteful until Billy came on. Buonnanote I have defended a lot but tonight showed he is a long way from being physically ready for this level. It’s actually unfair putting him in there at the moment. Should be off on loan getting stronger and minutes. Fati missing another sitter.
Fair assessment of those players. Not surprising- thats what our model is. Buy players with potential and polish them into gems.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I thought I would feel a lot more upset about this result, but strangely I'm very neutral.

I'm partly disappointed by our exit out of a cup, especially because it was against Chelsea, however I feel like this will only help us in the long run.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Didn’t watch it, only listened to the last ten minutes, couldn’t care less about this game. League and Europe are all that matter this season with the FA Cup taking the third competition spot from the League cup. Hopefully RDZ learned something from this game and a few players got some valuable minutes under their belt, but we do not have the squad or experience to compete on four fronts, this defeat will soon be forgotten

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Losing to Chelsea feels a bit embarrassing tbh.

Fati and Pedro need to find their shooting boots. And I'm not sure who chipped that dopey short pass out of defence that cost us the goal, because the replay only showed the finish (JPVH ?). I've no problem with us playing it round the back as we're generally brilliant at it - but don't CHIP the ball around FFS. Its just a perfect opportunity to intercept, which they did, resulting in a truly shitty team turning us over.

They didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
EFL cup wiped from the bottom of our shoes allowing us to focus on more important competitions.
Such a distraction these little competions when pushing for a champions league place & the Europa Cup.
So unbothered by the loss.
Come on I'm not bothered about losing tonight really but seeing so much belittling of the league cup when we've won absolutely nothing in our history is laughable really (yeah I know some of if is tongue in cheek)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As a player that produce something out of nothing would always keep Mitoma on when 1 down . Surprised Pedro played wide and not close to Welbeck

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good news for both teams.

Brighton can focus on the League and European football.

And Chelsea have a winner in their Goal of the Month for September.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Losing to Chelsea feels a bit embarrassing tbh.
2nd string out pretty much and away from home? Nah. They haven't actually been playing badly- been solid at the back but just haven't been scoring. They'll climb the league for sure, as much I'd love them not to

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Come on I'm not bothered about losing tonight really but seeing so much belittling of the league cup when we've won absolutely nothing in our history is laughable really (yeah I know some of if is tongue in cheek)
Agree. People telling us on this board Europe is not that important either. What happens when we start losing in the league !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports