Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How did the ref miss that challenge. He wasn't even unsighted.
Would he have been sent off with VAR? ie, could they have thought it's definitely a yellow, probably a red, but since not clearly a red, left the decision?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice of Mrs Veltman to be in the next row

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ref clearly bottled the second Ugochukwu foul thinking var would save him. Awful challenge 😡

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They'll presumably take off the guy on a yellow now - to be on the safe side and stop the ref 'making up for it' now he'll have seen the replay at HT.
Allow me to be stupid for a second (quiet at the back) - will the ref definitely get shown his mistake?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Should be two clear (easy) goals up, and they should be down to ten men. We really have to take our chances as this is reeking of a smash and grab either 1-0 own goal, a soft penalty, or a defeat on penalties. It just seems inevitable after that first half.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As I'm sure it's been said loads already, but the ref has dropped a bollock on that second yellow. Awful challenge and should've walked.
Really looking forward to the amount of shit Sanchez is going to get for the next 45.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Allow me to be stupid for a second (quiet at the back) - will the ref definitely get shown his mistake?
He probably will later. Didn’t they say he’s a new ref (at this level)? I expect he’ll get feedback and stuff afterwards.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Didn't think I would care much tonight, but with Chelsea on the other side of the pitch I find myself shouting at the telly. Scrappy game, but like some have mentioned, lovely to see Lamptey almost looking like Lamptey again.

In other news, Liverpool down one to Leicester and Everton one up against Villa :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here