Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
we're driving up, I've been told we can park around the Parsons Green area and then walk 15-20 mins
I've google mapped it and the signs in those streets don't say anything about matchdays.
happy to pay the on street parking, but read something online about a 3 mile restricted area around the stadium?
anyone else doing similar or have in the past?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I’ll say what I said on twitter in response to this;

Chelsea and their fanbase have provided SO much good content for Brighton fans over the last 14 months.

It’s like a children’s tv show where the cartoonish bad guy keeps getting their comeuppance in hilarious and embarrassing ways, over and over again.

Long may it last.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Good luck from a Fulham fan (1 team in Fulham etc).

The Bedford Arms on Dawes Road is run by an Albion fan (he's on here). I'm not sure on his attitude to 'away' fans and it will be busy tonight with the Cottagers home to Norwich as well - very unusual to have both SW6 clubs (& Brentford) at home at the same time.

Link to parking map here https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/parking/pay-and-display/map-controlled-parking-zones

If you intend to park in Hurlingham, don't enter and leave by different bridges (Putney and Wandsworth). There's a scheme to reduce ratrunning in force. More details here https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/transport-a.../south-fulham-clean-air-neighbourhood-project

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Brighton must laugh at Chelsea 'once a week' claims Sun journalist​

Chelsea have taken Paul Winstanley, Marc Cucurella, Moises Caicedo, Graham Potter and his whole staff, plus Robert Sanchez, from Brighton in the last 14 months, for a vast cost. Yet somehow the Seagulls are heavy favourites to beat us in this week’s EFL Cup game. They’ve got better, and we’ve got worse. And we’ve paid £250m for the privilege.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...n&cvid=1b6831b615714452bdffde7d645cbc70&ei=17

I don't know about you, but it's almost a daily occurrence for me :lolol:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
we're driving up, I've been told we can park around the Parsons Green area and then walk 15-20 mins
I've google mapped it and the signs in those streets don't say anything about matchdays.
happy to pay the on street parking, but read something online about a 3 mile restricted area around the stadium?
anyone else doing similar or have in the past?
We generally park a bit further out and walk. Reason being that further away the parking restrictions end at 5 pm so if you time your arrival for after that it is free of charge. I see that @BrightonCottager has kindly supplied a link to parking map which should show the zone somewhere around hurlingham park.
EDIT just looked at info supplied about hurlingham area by BrightonCottager and would advise everyone parking in that area to read it as well

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How many Albion players will be linked with a move to Chelsea, after this game.
It's bound to be in tomorrow's gutter press.
Agent Fabric Conditioner Romany will be on it like a chubby funster to a doughnut.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
We generally park a bit further out and walk. Reason being that further away the parking restrictions end at 5 pm so if you time your arrival for after that it is free of charge. I see that @BrightonCottager has kindly supplied a link to parking map which should show the zone somewhere around hurlingham park.
EDIT just looked at info supplied about hurlingham area by BrightonCottager and would advise everyone parking in that area to read it as well
Thanks Dave, that's the plan, I've picked a road for the sat nav and hope to find a space around 6pm, then a wander to the ground finding some middle eastern food en-route....and thanks @BrightonCottager, I'll make sure to arrive and leave via Putney bridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here