Walthamstow

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_001237.jpg
    IMG_20230928_001237.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 52

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Got the sense at the game that RDZ just wasn’t that fussed about going out tonight. Didn’t throw Adingra in and let Facundo play far far longer than justified,
I would bet a lot of money that RDZ is 100% ‘fussed’ about going out tonight. However we have injuries/illness at a really bad time. If Ferguson isn’t ill then either he plays or Welbeck starts, hence Welbeck being held back for Saturday. At least one of Gross or Milner start if fit. I was a bit surprised that Lallana didn’t start as I felt with Dunk, Gross, Webster, Welbeck and Veltman out that we lacked a senior leader at times tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A few too many players just looking really off the pace at the moment. March looks back to his ineffective worst which is concerning, Igor's positioning and massive lack of pace doesn't endear him to me and the less said about Buonanotte the better. Said in the summer we needed another LB and that still stands. Pervis has been excellent since he's been here but he can't play every game and if he gets injured we're in the shit a bit. Really missing Enciso at the moment too.
Enciso is such a massive loss for us. I really hope he's not out for the rest of the season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would bet a lot of money that RDZ is 100% ‘fussed’ about going out tonight. However we have injuries/illness at a really bad time. If Ferguson isn’t ill then either he plays or Welbeck starts, hence Welbeck being held back for Saturday. At least one of Gross or Milner start if fit. I was a bit surprised that Lallana didn’t start as I felt with Dunk, Gross, Webster, Welbeck and Veltman out that we lacked a senior leader at times tonight.
I would hope and expect that RDZ was well pissed off. Poor finishing cost us the game and poor finishing is habit forming. Bit concerned that Ferguson might be a bit injury prone, the game was crying out for him as neither DW or JP are natural strikers. Adingra should have been on rather than Lalana when we were chasing the game..

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm disappointed we've lost. I want this club to win a trophy and the league cup is as good as any.

I don't understand 'the league is more important' argument. It's only more important if we're going for the title or trying to avoid relegation. We shouldn't be in any danger of either so why not go for a cup?

Even if we qualify for the champions league, so what? If the league is always more important whats the point? Give me 8th-10th in the league and a trophy over fourth and no trophies. Admittedly, finishing fourth is not a bad second option...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I will forget last night if we get 3 points at villa on Saturday.
I won't.
Another chance of real progress in a domestic competition chucked away again. A Chelsea side devoid of confidence and we turn in a performance as flat as a witches chest. Guess what....the draw opens up. They get Blackburn at home. Man U draw Newcastle and West Ham get Arsenal and Mansfield, Exeter, Port Vale and Boro all still in and drawn against each other.
We get it all wrong, hyping up last Thursday and faffing about in a competition where we are out of our depth and with absolutely no chance of winning. The players have appeared emotionally drained ever since and have turned in two sub par displays, crashing out of the League Cup, a realistic chance of silverware. With 15 points already on the board, last night should have been the priority. Instead, its treated like a free hit that doesnt matter.
This is our time to try and win something. Right now. Before we know it, RDZ will have moved on, the dynamic will have changed and we will all be looking back thinking that we missed our chance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I won't.
Another chance of real progress in a domestic competition chucked away again. A Chelsea side devoid of confidence and we turn in a performance as flat as a witches chest. Guess what....the draw opens up. They get Blackburn at home. Man U draw Newcastle and West Ham get Arsenal and Mansfield, Exeter, Port Vale and Boro all still in and drawn against each other.
We get it all wrong, hyping up last Thursday and faffing about in a competition where we are out of our depth and with absolutely no chance of winning. The players have appeared emotionally drained ever since and have turned in two sub par displays, crashing out of the League Cup, a realistic chance of silverware. With 15 points already on the board, last night should have been the priority. Instead, its treated like a free hit that doesnt matter.
This is our time to try and win something. Right now. Before we know it, RDZ will have moved on, the dynamic will have changed and we will all be looking back thinking that we missed our chance.
I know your kinda right, but no one needs to read that first thing in the morning, thanks for that really set the day up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I won't.
We are a good side yet not a top side. We don’t have the luxury of being able to bring on £200m worth of striking options to get the job done like a Liverpool. As for the ridiculous RDZ comments only
a very few would of heard of him before his arrival and how do we know the next manager TB has his eye on won’t do just as well or better? Maybe reign in expectations and enjoy what we do have Europa league football and currently sitting third in the EPL.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We'll all have our opinions on this but mine is:- Our squad isn't currently strong enough to be competitive in all of these competitions this year, dropping out at this stage will be a blessing in disguise; as if we'd made it through a few rounds we'd then have to take it more seriously and with that comes a heightened risk of fatigue and injury.

It's just a shame it was against a Chelsea team absolutely gagging to beat us, but given they're not playing in Europe and with the squad they have, I'm not suprised they were taking it seriously.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I’m looking at this as minutes on the pitch for some of our younger/newer players, in a competitive match environment against PL opposition.

RDZ gets to see how each player performs, can offer feedback and advice to them and see where the coaching focus needs to be for each to progress.

We had our opportunities and didn’t take them, it’s football, it can happen. I’m certainly not getting on the back of anyone who was out there last night. There was nobody sulking/not trying out there.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I will forget last night if we get 3 points at villa on Saturday.
Me too. Some right drama queens on here. Thought I must have been at a different match reading NSC but the highlights confirmed what I thought at Stamford Bridge. Albion the far superior side in the first half. They got stronger with their subs in the second half as we reshuffled with Saturday in mind. Understandable with Pochettino already under pressure. If we’d been even average with our finishing, we’d have won 2–1 or 3-1. As for the players getting stick, Buonanotte had the toughest job on the pitch first half against their best player Chilwell and stuck at it well. Worked his bollocks off all evening & made some good runs when he finally got his chance to play through the middle. We didn’t improve when Lallana came on (appeared to be injured?) but I don’t see people saying he’s League One at best. Buonanotte maybe could have done with the loan this year that Enciso’s injury scuppered but that doesn’t make him a bad player. He’s just a young player who needs to improve and probably will with - here’s the thing - a bit of support. Baleba looks like he’ll be an excellent signing once he’s up to speed so I’m surprised to read that he’s crap too. Jury’s out on Dahoud - been here 5 minutes in a team that by necessity keeps changing. Ditto Igor. Both have had their good and bad moments.

We’re out of a competition that we could really do without in a fixture list that’s heavily front-loaded already. We look a lot better than Chelsea. Win or draw at Villa and it’s been a good week.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I won't.
We are not so good that we can turn it on whenever we fancy it .
Likewise Chelsea are not so bad that they can be expected to always lose.
It was one of those things.
You are right it was a decent chance
of silverware though

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We were not at our best but some better finishing from Pedro and Fati (who have missed a couple of easier chances in last few games) and a referee who does not bottle a second yellow card and we win that game.

Disappointing but whatever RDZ says we are not a club and squad capable of fighting in 4 competitions (even Man City can’t do that) so was inevitable one took a hit and it was always going to be this one in the priority order of competitions.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know a lot won’t agree with me but I’ve been saying for years that the league cup should be scrapped. It is a totally pointless competition these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Me too. Some right drama queens on here. Thought I must have been at a different match reading NSC but the highlights confirmed what I thought at Stamford Bridge. Albion the far superior side in the first half. They got stronger with their subs in the second half as we reshuffled with Saturday in mind. Understandable with Pochettino already under pressure. If we’d been even average with our finishing, we’d have won 2–1 or 3-1. As for the players getting stick, Buonanotte had the toughest job on the pitch first half against their best player Chilwell and stuck at it well. Worked his bollocks off all evening & made some good runs when he finally got his chance to play through the middle. We didn’t improve when Lallana came on (appeared to be injured?) but I don’t see people saying he’s League One at best. Buonanotte maybe could have done with the loan this year that Enciso’s injury scuppered but that doesn’t make him a bad player. He’s just a young player who needs to improve and probably will with - here’s the thing - a bit of support. Baleba looks like he’ll be an excellent signing once he’s up to speed so I’m surprised to read that he’s crap too. Jury’s out on Dahoud - been here 5 minutes in a team that by necessity keeps changing. Ditto Igor. Both have had their good and bad moments.

We’re out of a competition that we could really do without in a fixture list that’s heavily front-loaded already. We look a lot better than Chelsea. Win or draw at Villa and it’s been a good week.
Nailed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here