[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The phrase "free hit" is a bit overused but this is one, isn't it? Game in hand that we're not expecting anything out of. Just one to enjoy I think (and ironic, given Chelsea's hoolie past, that it'll be a lot more relaxed than Friday :lolol: )

And enjoyable it was. I think I finally learned to enjoy the performance over the result. Mind you, so did the whole Amex! Quite a reception at the end,

D

Deleted member 2719

This happened in 2011 - think he was at Bolton at the time
Really, no wonder I can't remember anything!
Okay, I wonder what people feel they may have achieved by booing 11 years afterwards, did she have connections with Brighton?

Clearly tough for her surrounding family and my thoughts are with them.

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
I'm fairly sure I heard chants of "Marcos Alonso you know what you did" when we played at Stanford Bridge over Christmas.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I am here holding my hand up.. I was predicitiung Chelsea comfortable 2-0 win, just thinking we might just run out of steam with some excellent recent performances in the absence of key players. How wrong was I.. I feel guilty for my lack of belief! A fantastic effort and quality all around. Alzate, Macallister, Moder were soooooo good and as for Webster and BDB.. what a night for them..

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This is a comment from the BBC Have Your Say on the game. He seems to be a neutral.

'Let’s be clear. It isn’t little old average Brighton any more, and hasn’t been for a couple of seasons. Chelsea were basically played off the park for most of the game and that was not just down to one team being more tired that the other. Brighton had some of their best players unavailable. If Brighton ever fix their goal scoring problem then look out.'

Amen.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This is a comment from the BBC Have Your Say on the game. He seems to be a neutral.

'Let’s be clear. It isn’t little old average Brighton any more, and hasn’t been for a couple of seasons. Chelsea were basically played off the park for most of the game and that was not just down to one team being more tired that the other. Brighton had some of their best players unavailable. If Brighton ever fix their goal scoring problem then look out.'

Amen.
This yes,..... just a small addition of a pacy, sharp finisher, we are a shoe-in for a regular 6-10 place finish.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Well I enjoyed that. So good.

Amen.

This is the season people are finally taking note. Running pubs I hear a lot of football chat and it’s all incredibly complimentary- I’m in Bristol. People love our style, and especially love Lamptey and Trossard. The thing is though, we know it isn’t simply about a lucky signing here or there. I’m confident we could play the likes of Leonard, Roberts and Ferguson and still perform like that. Potter has to take a huge amount credit. We are very lucky to have him. But even he will eventually be replaced. Bloom has utterly nailed this. We’ve got a plan. An identity. And I shouldn’t say this but I just can’t see any thing but continued improvement no matter who comes or goes.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Well the BT guys concentrated almost only on our play and that tells you something.

The BT guys were amazingly positive about us; " lets not talk only about the champions of europe (only) drawing with Brighton, lets talk about how brighton have twice held the champions of europe to a draw" (or something like that) :cool:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Performances like this WILL attract better players.

This, once players can see they won't be in a perennial relegation dog fight and that Brighton have great promise, then yes, we will attract better players.

Probably not the big names people crave, but some good younger players who may have previously been drawn elsewhere for little or no game time!

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This is the season people are finally taking note. Running pubs I hear a lot of football chat and it’s all incredibly complimentary- I’m in Bristol. People love our style, and especially love Lamptey and Trossard. The thing is though, we know it isn’t simply about a lucky signing here or there. I’m confident we could play the likes of Leonard, Roberts and Ferguson and still perform like that. Potter has to take a huge amount credit. We are very lucky to have him. But even he will eventually be replaced. Bloom has utterly nailed this. We’ve got a plan. An identity. And I shouldn’t say this but I just can’t see any thing but continued improvement no matter who comes or goes.

This. I have forest green rovers, millwall and ipswich fans as friends and they all say they like watching us play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports