Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic *** Official Match Thread ***

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Spoiler Alert

5 - 0, 3 up by half time.

Goalscorers: Hemed 2, Wilson 1, OG, won't tell you the other scorer as I don't want to ruin all the surprises. :rave:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Calderon
March Kayal Stephens Murphy
Hemed Wilson​

Bobby to come off the bench if required, or give him a nice rest.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I know we are top of the league but confidence just doesn't sit well with me... and there's a lot of confidence on this thread.

image.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our favourite man Ian Holloway just mentioning Brighton as the Championship side currently, bless him :wink:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I've put putting off going as my AMEX record is POOR. So if we LOOSE, I apologise in advance for my presence.

I know of two people who were at last week's game, one of whom hadn't seen us win at the Amex, one of whom claimed not to have seen us win at home since the Goldstone. Bobby Zamora can break all such curses. (See also "not winning in October".)

So I wouldn't worry too much about how poor your Amex record is, as long as Bobby's in the squad. :thumbsup:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
In order to get the win we need to start sharp and fast like we have done in recent home games. Really try and take charge from an early stage but keep it tight at the back. I have to say I'm more nervous about this game than I have been about any other recent games. It is all set up for us to slip up. This lot have not been good this year but they did win at Birmingham. Come on Brighton.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Both please. Surprised people would start without bobby as he's been fantastic.

We've got Derby and Middlesbrough coming along before too much longer, maybe it would be wise to give Bobby a rest because he'll certainly be needed for those games, whether as a starter or an impact sub.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We've got Derby and Middlesbrough coming along before too much longer, maybe it would be wise to give Bobby a rest because he'll certainly be needed for those games, whether as a starter or an impact sub.

Trouble is, when you rest players against lowly ream you lose. Not because the others aren't up to it but because it sends the wrong signal psychologically.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I think we will win this one comfortably - maybe not by a clear margin, but performance wise - a bit like the last game.

I just feel CH knows how to get the results we need and I'm happy enough to win by one goal = it's not GD that wins the league it's points on the board.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Trouble is, when you rest players against lowly ream you lose. Not because the others aren't up to it but because it sends the wrong signal psychologically.

Spot on Notters. We start with our strongest available 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here