[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RDZ has made loads of half time subs
Yes, when he has needed to tweak the plan/formation because the set up isn’t working - not to rotate players to give them minutes which was kind of my point but not very well made 🙁

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I knew we would struggle as soon as I saw the team , in the first half not only was our passing painfully slow we had a midfield that must be the slowest in the premier league, there was no urgency in our play ,

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We created 29 chances. Should have won easily. Battered them. Conceded a deflected goal and keeper had game of his life. It happens. Let’s not fall into some nonsense media type narrative. Randomness of a goal can blur how people view the game.

Let’s judge rotation at the end of the season. We could not risk anymore injuries so RDZ has rotated and we have done quite well considering.

Newcastle looked shot vs Everton.

Villa might burn out.
Winning 1.0 v Arsenal atm

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
We created 29 chances. Should have won easily. Battered them. Conceded a deflected goal and keeper had game of his life. It happens. Let’s not fall into some nonsense media type narrative. Randomness of a goal can blur how people view the game.

Let’s judge rotation at the end of the season. We could not risk anymore injuries so RDZ has rotated and we have done quite well considering.

Newcastle looked shot vs Everton.

Villa might burn out.
'Should have won easily' - but didn't. Same story against Sheff Utd and Fulham. I'm absolutely not a negative supporter. I hate doom mongering. But at the same time, don't let that good principle become blindness, and a refusal to be critical if it's deserved. We are brilliant at several things. And shit at a few others. That's the truth of the matter.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About this for me too. I think those who keep labelling us as the softest team in the league etc need to give their head a wobble and look at the league table and europa league table. We really could do with plugging our leaky defence but all things considered - amount of games and injuries etc - we're having a very good season imo, especially in Europe
Doesn't mask the fact that we're conceding points hand over fist to feeble opposition in the league tho

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
First half poor, second half better. Created more than enough chances in the second half to win it. 2 points dropped. Sadly we’ve had too many of these games this season and I think we will struggle to replicate our form from last season and finish in the European places.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
There's a difference between frustration (we're all frustrated) and toys out the pram 'we setup to fail' type comments, following a lucky Burnley goal.

What was lucky about Burnley’s goal? Certainly wasn’t the worst deflection you’ve seen and the kid did very well to create the chance. It was poor defending if anything.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
But apart from that fine?
Yes, apart from that, fine. Our passing and movement are exceptional. Superb team spirit and understanding of the RDZ system. We create endless chances and dominate possession. But our defence is so often naive, and shooting ability is poor this season without Enciso and Mac.

But tell me otherwise. Tell me how rock solid our defence is, and how good we are at set pieces

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What was lucky about Burnley’s goal? Certainly wasn’t the worst deflection you’ve seen and the kid did very well to create the chance. It was poor defending if anything.
If it didn't hit Milner and take a deflection, it doesn't go in. How lucky do you need it to be?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
'Should have won easily' - but didn't. Same story against Sheff Utd and Fulham. I'm absolutely not a negative supporter. I hate doom mongering. But at the same time, don't let that good principle become blindness, and a refusal to be critical if it's deserved. We are brilliant at several things. And shit at a few others. That's the truth of the matter.
Yep. Var screwed us in both those games. We have a team worth of players unavailable. Would we have taken progress in europe and 8th in the league? I would.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This is brilliant. What was lucky about a deflection into the top corner? Yeah nothing. It could not have been a worse deflection ffs.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yes, apart from that, fine. Our passing and movement are exceptional. Superb team spirit and understanding of the RDZ system. We create endless chances and dominate possession. But our defence is so often naive, and shooting ability is poor this season without Enciso and Mac.

But tell me otherwise. Tell me how rock solid our defence is, and how good we are at set pieces
Yet at this point last season, we had scored only 28 goals, compared with 33 this season. Hardly the sign of a team whose ability to shoot this season is poor.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Tactical? - maybe not a bad idea to hold back with a few key players (resting) on the bench to see which way the opposition is playing before bringing them on? To suddenly bring on eg Ferguson or Mitoma for example when the original game plan isn’t working can really throw the opposition off kilter and can win the game as we’ve seen before - especially helpful when playing against teams with shallower squads perhaps?
Yes, I realise that they’re the tactics. Trouble is, the tactics haven’t worked that well. So perhaps the tactics should be reassessed.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Yes Gross was outstanding but Van H OUT OF THIS WORLD the best he has ever played took up great positions added to the attack faultless.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought it was our midfield that looked far too easy to cut through today, the defence was generally OK.

I thought Dunk, JPVH and Igor when he came on all did fine. Strange having Baleba in the 'Libero' role which I thought he did OK in but would had rather he was left in our CM to beef it up, as Burnley just seemed to cut through us like butter, especially in the first half.

Wasn't until half time when Billy came on we sort of addressed it but we still looked weak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports