Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just got back from the game, the worst potter performance I've seen. No one stood out and I don't even think they bothered to announce a MOTM. All 3s and 4s including Potter.

Still, I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

This. Just what I was thinking earlier.

This is the first season we haven't been looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone. We're on 33 points and 9th, even after playing our worst Potter performance. Our progress won't be in a straight line. But the overall trajectory is north.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
My sympathies are always with the intellectually challenged - there seem to be so many on social media. Sad souls who have no reasoning abilities so resort to personal abuse. As to whether I'm a 'knob' or not you have no real way of knowing as you have never met me and know nothing about me. Long may that be the case.

If it looks like a duck... :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If he called for the ball Duffy should have left it. Looked to me he’d have got there. Senior pros should have more control, I think that incident caused Sanchez to lose concentration. Never right to shove your own player because he has a moan at you. This is not park football.

Disappointing from Duffy imo, Sanchez often comes off his line for crosses, he gets there the danger is gone, he doesn’t he looks a mug. Think Grobelaar

Sanchez is 24, Duffy is 30 and we know how confident Sanchez is so I don’t buy the senior pro threw his concentration. Sanchez was flapping at that and has had lapses of concentration of late (let’s not forget Tuesdays near miss).

No need to single out Duffy it was not a great look from either player but they came out second half with arms around each other chatting and looked fine so had clearly moved on from the incident.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
My sympathies are always with the intellectually challenged - there seem to be so many on social media. Sad souls who have no reasoning abilities so resort to personal abuse. As to whether I'm a 'knob' or not you have no real way of knowing as you have never met me and know nothing about me. Long may that be the case.

But are you happy?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Very much so thank you.

I'm glad to hear it !

It was just that you responded to my comment on the 'Fvck it happy Fridat' with a strange comment about living in Tory constituencies all your life, complaining that everyone around you was ignorant.

Not what one would expect on a Fridat night drinking thread. I didn't respond to it, as I didn't know what to write that would comfort you.

Now here we are on the Burnley official match thread, and you're writing as though you are superior to other people on this forum as well.

Is this wise?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I haven't managed to get to many games this season. But this one I did make.

An absolute turd of a performance.

Feel for you. Although I did the reverse fixture on opener, today was about as attractive as attending a funeral. I swerved and had a great time at my local NL side instead. Home win, 2 great goals against a top side, 3k+ crowd, only a fiver to get in, cracking atmosphere the like of which puts PL to shame, good football, town centre location, pre match pub beers…Alternatively an 8hr round trip for a soulless outrageously priced PL match experience and a turd of a performance against Burnley. Thank f uck for the greedy new ticket system that’s stopped friends sharing their ST because I would have been able to go today otherwise! :lolol:

As said, feel for you.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Time for bed i think. A lot of people getting precious about the booing. But if you can't boo after losing 3-0 to a side with only 17 goals and 0 away wins all season, when can you?

I guess this comes from the regime telling us we are no longer allowed to boo.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Time for bed i think. A lot of people getting precious about the booing. But if you can't boo after losing 3-0 to a side with only 17 goals and 0 away wins all season, when can you?

I guess this comes from the regime telling us we are no longer allowed to boo.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Graham, after the Leeds game, said that there will be times (just not the Leeds game because it was a pretty good performance) when they deserve to get booed... I dont think GP & co have any complaints about the booing today.

Llalana was very quiet - first time his name was mentioned by the commentator was at 34 minutes - didnt even realise he was playing. As for ferguson with a late cameo - did he even touch the ball?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What a load of crap that was.
There should be payment suspensions for performances like that.
Totally uninterested and no consideration for the fans spending their harder earned to watch it.
Delusions of grandeur , I was going to stay up for this, as kick off was 11pm here, glad I didn't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea if this has already been posted.

Taking the blame and making no excuses whilst giving credit to an excellent Burnley on the day

Games like this happen, I think Tuesday’s high energy game coupled with Burnley’s fighting for their lives attitude and bounces of the ball at crucial moments was the difference. We will bounce back

https://youtu.be/LRjan0jRg9I

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What a load of crap that was.
There should be payment suspensions for performances like that.
Totally uninterested and no consideration for the fans spending their harder earned to watch it.
Delusions of grandeur , I was going to stay up for this, as kick off was 11pm here, glad I didn't.

i stayed up .........the cat is traumatised.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well I never want to see a back 4 with Duffy and Veltman at CB again. Looked like they had never played with each other before.

Potter got this one badly wrong but the majority of them playing looked apathetic and there was no desire to actually beat Burnley. What a wretched game and afternoon.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
I'm glad to hear it !

It was just that you responded to my comment on the 'Fvck it happy Fridat' with a strange comment about living in Tory constituencies all your life, complaining that everyone around you was ignorant.

Not what one would expect on a Fridat night drinking thread. I didn't respond to it, as I didn't know what to write that would comfort you.

Now here we are on the Burnley official match thread, and you're writing as though you are superior to other people on this forum as well.

Is this wise?
The whole point of social media is that it';s about opinions - if you didn't think your own opinion had validity would you bother posting it ? My opinion is as valid - and therefore as invalid - as everyone else's. As far as politics is concerned you should understand that my MP is Michael Gove - you know the coke snorting hypocrite who stabbed Boris Johnson in the front who thinks that right-wing fruitcake Ayn Rand was a serious novelist. You don't have to be very 'superior' to see that voting for such a person is not really a very bright thing to do.
My opinion on the Burnley match is that it showed the limits of Potter's philosophy, tactics and powers as a player/man motivator - certainly compared to a wily old fox like Sean Dyche. Can the albion regain their composure and turn in a decent performance against Villa ? I have no idea [ I don't claim powers of clairvoyance [despite my alleged ';superiority]. I certainly hope for a better performance - but the lack of goals which has manifested itself throughout Potters tutelage [and to be fair before] is likely to persist in my view. I actually hope I'm wrong as I've supported the club for 55 years, but as the old saying goes - 'hope for the best - expect the worst'.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The whole point of social media is that it';s about opinions - if you didn't think your own opinion had validity would you bother posting it ? My opinion is as valid - and therefore as invalid - as everyone else's. As far as politics is concerned you should understand that my MP is Michael Gove - you know the coke snorting hypocrite who stabbed Boris Johnson in the front who thinks that right-wing fruitcake Ayn Rand was a serious novelist. You don't have to be very 'superior' to see that voting for such a person is not really a very bright thing to do.
My opinion on the Burnley match is that it showed the limits of Potter's philosophy, tactics and powers as a player/man motivator - certainly compared to a wily old fox like Sean Dyche. Can the albion regain their composure and turn in a decent performance against Villa ? I have no idea [ I don't claim powers of clairvoyance [despite my alleged ';superiority]. I certainly hope for a better performance - but the lack of goals which has manifested itself throughout Potters tutelage [and to be fair before] is likely to persist in my view. I actually hope I'm wrong as I've supported the club for 55 years, but as the old saying goes - 'hope for the best - expect the worst'.

Thanks for coming back.

First, I agree with you about Gove. He is my least favourite politician. No redeeming features whatsoever. Nevertheless, politicking on a Friday night drinking thread, misjudges the mood.

Onto the Burnley game, and we didn't turn up. But we also missed Dunk, Webster and Burn. But Potter was gracious about it, didn't blame the absence of three centre backs, and took full responsibility for the team not being at the required levels. In short, Potter agrees with you. But did you agree with him after our win at Watford? Before you claim Dyche is better than Potter, have you looked at the table recently? The season is 38 games long, not one.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Well I never want to see a back 4 with Duffy and Veltman at CB again. Looked like they had never played with each other before.

Potter got this one badly wrong but the majority of them playing looked apathetic and there was no desire to actually beat Burnley. What a wretched game and afternoon.
Have you got any suggestions who could have played at centre back ? I havent

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here