Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Gonna be carnage today trains all screwed up. Club suggest fans make alternate arrangements. That should be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feel like I've made the right call not bothering with this game, especially as its against Burnley which are very rarely worth paying money to watch anyway

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could we have a delayed kick off?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Correct. As said before, we are the footballing equivalent of the AA.

“Has your season broken down? Not scored this year? Last won in Black & White? Then call the Seagull line and let’s get your team back on the road. We’ll get your firing again in no time. 3 points will be yours and we’ll even thrown in a free red card if your colours are claret and light blue…”

Whilst sitting comfortably in 9th in the PL. I knew GP was good but I’m now moving towards “Miracle man” as we continue to be the go to team to break non scoring stats, whilst having our best ever season :wink:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Feel like I've made the right call not bothering with this game, especially as its against Burnley which are very rarely worth paying money to watch anyway
It reminds me of the saying 'you have a face for the radio'.
I imagine that would describe most Burnley games.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I seldom enjoy a Burnley match. Lots of big units dishing out dirty challenges and all marching up en masse for the inevitable goal scored from a corner. Can’t stand ‘em.

I do sort of admire Dyche though.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Whilst sitting comfortably in 9th in the PL. I knew GP was good but I’m now moving towards “Miracle man” as we continue to be the go to team to break non scoring stats, whilst having our best ever season :wink:
It's amazing how some are focusing on the negatives despite our position. See also Stat Brother's response to me on the Sean Dyche admiration thread.
Just weird.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

We all know we’re pretty shite when it comes to beating teams in lower half or struggling. But raise out game against the best. It was only a well known general characteristic comment, no need to be so precious.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
photo_2022-02-19_14-15-23.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's amazing how some are focusing on the negatives despite our position. See also Stat Brother's response to me on the Sean Dyche admiration thread.
Just weird.

But it’s NSC not the Teletubbies. Grab some gallows humour, you’ll need it when we’re back in L2 ;) Of course we’ll lose to Burnley, precisely because we’re expected to beat them! It’s “The Brighton Way” and I’m not abandoning my defence mechanism that’s been the only way I’ve coped following the Albion for over 40 years now just because we’re in the era of toxic positivity. Anyway, I’m off to watch Non League today and have to say looking forward to immensely. Pouring Rain, Muddy pitch and no shelter. LOVE IT! :lolol: :albion2: :dunky: :cheers:

Jimmy Grimble

We all know we’re pretty shite when it comes to beating teams in lower half or struggling. But raise out game against the best. It was only a well known general characteristic comment, no need to be so precious.

‘All seven of ninth-place Brighton's Premier League wins this season were against teams currently below them in the table.’

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Except you are so very wrong, all our wins this season have come against teams below us

As it happens I agree with you, I knew Ronaldo would score and I can see us losing today, my post was actually serious

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
‘All seven of ninth-place Brighton's Premier League wins this season were against teams currently below them in the table.’

Duh, of course that’s now the case. Currently is a key word. I and others referring to general trend over the past…oh forget it. ‘‘Twas only what was commonly known observation amongst Albion fans until a few minutes ago it seems. The short memory brigade is out in force today seemingly along with pendants and fun sponges.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Except you are so very wrong, all our wins this season have come against teams below us

As it happens I agree with you, I knew Ronaldo would score and I can see us losing today, my post was actually serious

“Very wrong” ???:lolol::p

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In fairness the beer price down here must seem extortionate. But only because they live in a beer bubble it’s so cheap in Burnley, like the government is carrying out some social experiment. Meanwhile the rest of the country pays what’s known in economics as ‘market rate’

Last time I went to Burnley for a match about four or five years ago it was £1.80 a pint in town.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hardly any fans on the bus, it's going to be a very low attendance today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here