Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The is another poor result - and the cycle needs to be broken sooner rather than later. Really need a result at Villa before the Liverpool game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Only yesterday there are people thinking solly for England ,Bloom have to dig deeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realise March didn’t play today?

Dig deeper? He’s in to the tune of £200m. Let me guess, you’ve taken your season ticket money back?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nope not taken money back even though I’m probably losing my business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’m sorry to hear that, but given your personal circumstances surely you understand that now is a time to be prudent?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Another good team performance, individually Lallana looked very good and is getting better, same with Veltman, Maupay not up to it at the moment though, probably hence why we aren’t taking most of our chances, of which we created a decent amount against a team that came for a point and defended very well.

We can play very well, which we do, but if the strikers can’t score then we’ll very rarely win, I don’t see how the manager can do much about that to be honest unless we have a better striker waiting in the wings.

If you think some of our fans are annoyed, look at the Burnley Instagram! They couldn’t believe how shocking they were, well it was mostly because we totally dominated them, because that’s what we do...we just can’t put our bloody chances away.

If Burnley had a slightly weaker defensive performance I’m pretty sure we would’ve got at least a couple, but they put their bodies on the line and it worked for them. That’s how it goes sometimes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Played alright but the second half did become frustrating when we started pumpin aimless crosses into the box.

We looked like a side that knew we weren't going to score.

I actually suspected Burnley were going to nick it 0-1 at the end and the players looked like that too.

Changing Potter isn't going to make much difference. We may have a bounce to get points but overall the players are what they are , a team in the mix to go down.

Whoever is in charge , if they arnt fully backed for goal scorers then will face the same thing.

If we were allowed in stadiums then Potter would feel it more. He's having a very easy ride.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Played alright but the second half did become frustrating when we started pumpin aimless crosses into the box.

We looked like a side that knew we weren't going to score.

I actually suspected Burnley were going to nick it 0-1 at the end and the players looked like that too.

Changing Potter isn't going to make much difference. We may have a bounce to get points but overall the players are what they are , a team in the mix to go down.

Whoever is in charge , if they arnt fully backed for goal scorers then will face the same thing.

If we were allowed in stadiums then Potter would feel it more. He's having a very easy ride.

Potter has been backed in signing strikers. We spent £20m on Maupay, we bid £27m for Nunez and we’re probably stumping up sizeable wages for Wellbeck. We also signed Zeqiri, brought MacAllister back and hung on to Jahanbakhsh.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
One thing notable from last night. One of our best chances was from a 70 yard ping over the top from White to Welbeck. I’d love to see us do this a more, just mix it up a little. At the moment we’re so predictable. Possession at all costs, work it out wide, then refuse to ping a ball in the box. So easy to defend. We need to encourage players to try different things

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
One thing notable from last night. One of our best chances was from a 70 yard ping over the top from White to Welbeck. I’d love to see us do this a more, just mix it up a little. At the moment we’re so predictable. Possession at all costs, work it out wide, then refuse to ping a ball in the box. So easy to defend. We need to encourage players to try different things

Reminds me of Dave Sexton at Man Utd years ago, over thinking a simple game..:shrug:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Potter has been backed in signing strikers. We spent £20m on Maupay, we bid £27m for Nunez and we’re probably stumping up sizeable wages for Wellbeck. We also signed Zeqiri, brought MacAllister back and hung on to Jahanbakhsh.

Bidding £27m for a player he didn’t get doesn’t help Potter a great deal at this moment in time. Welbeck looks useful, Maupay seems to be about what you get for £20m from the Championship - still learning. No-one has pretended Zeqiri is ready and the other 2 aren’t strikers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Still think they're worse than Fulham, Newcastle, WBA? I'd say they are also a much better side than Palace

Absolutely. WBA were outstanding all over the park in the 2nd half of our game and Palace have just scored 4. So yes i do.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bidding £27m for a player he didn’t get doesn’t help Potter a great deal at this moment in time. Welbeck looks useful, Maupay seems to be about what you get for £20m from the Championship - still learning. No-one has pretended Zeqiri is ready and the other 2 aren’t strikers.

Absolutely agree, but that shows the intent is there. There is a finite amount of players out there that will score you 10+ goals a season at this level and they have to suit the system. There’s no point chucking £25m at someone who isn’t a fit and the wage structure will always be a hindrance.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Both players do exactly what it says on the tin for making that move pay off now and then , Whites ball was pinpoint and Wellbecks first touch was sublime.

The dribbling the ball into the net routine isn't exactly working at the moment so I would expect a few White /Dunk /Wellbeck combo goals as the season progresses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here