Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Burnley ****Official Match Thread****

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It was a must win for automatic so I believe that is now out of the window as we now need too many to have a bad run. We now need Burnley to not lose to Middlesbro to stand any remote chance of automatics, but I am not confident.

With twenty odd points left to play for? Yeah. Right.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I believe that is now out of the window

Bollocks is it.

We are still very much in with a chance, the two dropped points have decreased our margin for error but it is nowhere near out of the window at this stage.

carteater

Do you want my seat in N1A when I move next season....they are doom and gloom merchants up there at times - you'll fit right in :)

I am not usually this negative but I felt pretty lousy, was watching on sky, I went upstairs for the last corner because I couldn't take it anymore, only to come back downstairs to the sound of Bill Leslie having an orgasm about a Burnley equaliser... 'Sake!

That pretty much sent me and many others down a long and dark spiral about the Albion's promotion chances...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am not usually this negative but I felt pretty lousy, was watching on sky, I went upstairs for the last corner because I couldn't take it anymore, only to come back downstairs to the sound of Bill Leslie having an orgasm about a Burnley equaliser... 'Sake!
You left the room before the corner! That explains the result. I assume you had a train to catch or something.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have to feel for Ben, of course when we DO get automatic promotion Grampy knew we would all the time
If we're lucky enough to get top two, we won't care about this thread. Obviously it's most likely we'll miss out, so I imagine BG will completely miss the point and say he told us so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we're lucky enough to get top two, we won't care about this thread. Obviously it's most likely we'll miss out, so I imagine BG will completely miss the point and say he told us so.

If we finish second, it will surely be because we do not have enough left backs to finish first?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we finish second, it will surely be because we do not have enough left backs to finish first?
Or enough strikers. We should have had a tall striker on the bench on Saturday to replace Hemed because, as everyone knows, a third of outfield subs should be strikers.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Or enough strikers. We should have had a tall striker on the bench on Saturday to replace Hemed because, as everyone knows, a third of outfield subs should be strikers.
Can Bong or Rosenior play as a striker ? ???

We seem to have too many left backs in the 18.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ok my thoughts on the match...

We were better than Burnley by a mile. Superb in fact. But Burnley looked like Champions. You just knew they had it in them to get the goals. Baldock and Hemed were great together, a real shame when Baldock came off. Wilson just does not look up to it. Totally unfit, lackluster in challenges and when he loses the ball/misses, he seems to switch off for 5 minutes rather than looking for a rebound or challenging for the ball again.

Hemed's miss was harder than it looked. If it had gone in we'd be hailing it as a wonder finish. Oh and saying that, Murphy's cross to nobody was probably the biggest miss of the match :ffsparr:

The Knockaert challenge at the beginning was insane. Why the hell would you fly in like that in the middle of the park? He's a special talent but he needs to start engaging his brain a little more. Makes too many challenges which result in free kicks out wide.

Barton should have been sent off. The ref had a perfect view of it. Admired the fact that our players didn't surround the referee like I expected them to. I think if they had done so he might have gone The elbow which then followed was more a leading arm IMO. Would have been surprised to see a red.

Then their "goal". I guess we've got Lewis Dunk's arse to thank for obscuring the linos view. Joke decision though in such an important game.

I would have liked to see Greer come on to sure things up at the end. I don't mind trying to hold on to a result, Sidwell though has proved to be totally useless in all the games I've seen him in so far. His positional awareness is dreadful, he doesn't seem to make tackles or mark opposition players. He just floats around not doing much at all. I think that game might put him down the pecking order a little. I hope it will anyway.

So after one of the performances of the season, we concede from a bloody corner. FFS.

Overall, I think 2-2 was very harsh on us. I'm sure not many teams have created so many clear cut chances against Burnley this season. We got so much joy down both wings it gives me encouragement that that a) we are really hitting some good form now and b) Burnley are indeed capable of losing some of their matches in the run in.

As for Sean Dyche. What an absolute tool in that post-match interview. Dismissing Barton's elbow and stamp by asking to see Knockaerts challenge and whining about the goal that wasn't. Not one good thing to say about us at all. Totally classless. The polar opposite of Hughton.

There's still a LOT to play for. I think Boro will trip up. I think Burnley WILL lose a match or two. And I think we are capable of getting to the end of the season unbeaten.

:clap2:

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
From a neutral perspective, not read whats been said before but i thought the Albion were unlucky Saturday, you were clearly the better side for 65 mins, should of been 3 or 4 up at half time. That Barton stamp was a disgrace - should of been sent off, the elbow i'm not so sure, but he was certainly looking to put Kayal off his game and i thought it worked. After those incidents it seemed throw the Albion on their rhythm and Burnley came into the game, so Barton achieved exactly what he was looking for. Dirty Ba****d.

On a side note i thought Sky focused way to much on the Burnley 'goal' that wasn't (even if it had crossed the line) rather than fact the they should of been down to 10 men by that point and the game would have been effectively over!

Burnley seem to find a way to grind these results out, they did it to us when we were the better side - guess that's why they are going to win the league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hemed's miss was harder than it looked. If it had gone in we'd be hailing it as a wonder finish.
He tried to do too much, he only had to touch it to take it away from the keeper.
Oh and saying that, Murphy's cross to nobody was probably the biggest miss of the match
He should have passed it 6 yards earlier. Wilson isn't putting in the challenges, but he can finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here