Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Burnley ****Official Match Thread****

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Burnley were always going to go direct late on. We lost the 3 points by not converting our chances. Hemmed in the first half and a couple of poor decisions/ executions of crosses in the second by Murphy who otherwise had a great game. Yes, the ref/ linesman got it wrong with the 'goal' but Barton should have been sent off for the stamp on Kayal. How did Pawson miss that? Disappointing but still seven games to go. Five wins should still do it.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I said after 15 minutes the only way Burnley will score is from a corner, every time they got one they got a head to it, although we have improved it shows how many points you can get if you take a decent one.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Rarely pays off against the better sides and all we ever see is the away end celebrating late on as usual...We messed it up and have ourselves to blame.

I am not against it, but we do not have the players to do it, as has been proved again, so why continue to do it.
I feel for Goldson, Bruno and Kayal who were immense and deserved to win that.
Very angry, something must be looked into with Pawson/Barton, that was just not right whichever way you look at it.
I would not have minded a draw (too much) but we really should have won that.
Once we all calm down you will realise that we are not out of it by a long way. Plenty of twists and turns yet.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They were causing us no trouble until Hemed went off, they scored two goals after, luckily one wasn't noticed by the officials
Yep but we all knew this was goner happen at some point with useless sidwell coming on,but saying that dunk really facked up with that pointless foul.

Middlesbrough and hull must be loving it as we're the losers out of the 4

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Not sure why they're to blame as we encouraged a good attacking side to go forward by sitting back...Big mistake and changed this game.

Barton shouldn't have been on the pitch, seem to remember pawson sending off Barnes for something far more innocuous. Barton goes off, whole different game.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
End of the day it feels like a loss but we were sensational at times during that match! They couldn't handle us!

Barton should have been red carded but they had a clear goal! Table doesn't look great for autos

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We should have won that game, we deserved to. So frustrating.

We should have taken more of our chances.

We shouldn't have sat back so much towards the end of the game.

Barton should have been sent off at least once, possibly twice.

Why was Bruno taken off? Was he injured? I thought he was immense today, and we missed his composure when he left the pitch.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Hughton and Calderwood were both defenders. This is why the Albion go all defensive in the last 15 minutes of a game and invariably cock it up....

They need to get a ex-striker on the management team to offset the defensive mentality because it's not doing us any favours.

Could Zamora retire and take on that role?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Burnley are undoubtedly talented and have qualirty players like Gray and Keene, but they are also dirty niggly @##$. Still, onwards and upwards.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Burnley were always going to go direct late on. We lost the 3 points by not converting our chances. Hemmed in the first half and a couple of poor decisions/ executions of crosses in the second by Murphy who otherwise had a great game. Yes, the ref/ linesman got it wrong with the 'goal' but Barton should have been sent off for the stamp on Kayal. How did Pawson miss that? Disappointing but still seven games to go. Five wins should still do it.

with a little luck the FA won't and ban the little tw@t for 3 games

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I am not against it, but we do not have the players to do it, as has been proved again, so why continue to do it.
I feel for Goldson, Bruno and Kayal who were immense and deserved to win that.
Very angry, something must be looked into with Pawson/Barton, that was just not right whichever way you look at it.
I would not have minded a draw (too much) but we really should have won that.
Once we all calm down you will realise that we are not out of it by a long way. Plenty of twists and turns yet.
Draws are pointless at this stage of the season and it was a must win end of.
Boro 3 easy home games next and Burnley 4 ahead with both having superior goal difference.

That late goal decided our season although the playoffs is still a great achievement this season.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Draws are pointless at this stage of the season and it was a must win end of.
Boro 3 easy home games next and Burnley 4 ahead with both having superior goal difference.

That late goal decided our season although the playoffs is still a great achievement this season.

Sums it up nicely....there's still a chance of auto, but a hell of a lot smaller than at 90min!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here