*** Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol Rovers 20/11/10 Official Thread***

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I thought I saw our Mojo drive off 5 minutes before the end of time :(

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We were the better team, without a doubt. First half was abysmal, but Second Half was more like the proper Brighton, we were peppering at them from all over the place, except where Marcos Painter was.

their goalkeeper was a complete tosser though. :rant:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were the better team, without a doubt. First half was abysmal, but Second Half was more like the proper Brighton, we were peppering at them from all over the place, except where Marcos Painter was.

their goalkeeper was a complete tosser though. :rant:

What did the keeper do? You do realise he used to play for us...?!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
What did the keeper do? You do realise he used to play for us...?!

He punched the ball in our own box so that it caused painter to score the own goal, making it a deliberate hand ball that the ref did not see. Then mockingly waved his hand at the Brighton Fans.

I guess I could be wrong... but to me that appeared to be what happened.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Triggered by playing a weakened side in the first game against Woking? NEVER change a winning side - winning is 90% about confidence. Plenty of time left to get back in this....

How many times have we played the same team two games in a row?

Barnes misses the tap in from Benno

I though that was harsh of the commentators. It wasn't a tap in, barnes was about a yard away from the goal line, the ball was played across, it had to get past a defender and the goalkeeper (who easily dived across that one yard corridor bennett had to put the ball in to get it to Barnes. As another poster said, I don't think the ball even got to him. Poor commentary there.

they dont we are just not ruthless in front off goal

I have seen several tremendous goalkeeping performances, and then come on here and seen all the criticism Barnes has unfairly received.

sounds like 2-2 was about the right result over the 90 minutes

I didn't think so. While our passing was sloppy, and we didn't keep to our usual game, Bristol had two attacks in the first half, and scored from one of them due to a fortunate deflection. In the second half we put in a much better display, and were clearly the superior side, despite a few iffy moments, there was only, again, two serious attacks, one Ankergren made a great save, the other we concede a sloppy goal that Casper should have dealt with.

How many injury time goals have we conceded?

That is the 6th goal we have conceded between the 86th minute and full-time.

If anyone listened to the phone in, one caller criticised Gus for the subs, and I think that was unfair (the complaint being we went too attacking when we were in control of the game, meaning we were defensively exposed). When gus made the decision to bring on murray and smith we were still 1-0 down (they were ready to come on before kick off, so must have been warmed up) and we were struggling to make that killer move to score. We needed an own goal and a penalty to get the ball in their goal. We needed to make attacking substitutions.

Gus could have then brought on a more defensive midfield player, but before he had a chance, Greer started to feel sick (we wasn't holding his knee so much as bending over almost throwing up, the holding of the knee is the bracing himself as he bends over, like a bracket on a shelf).

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was a long way away (block B) but was the corner that we gave away for the equaliser avoidable? It looked to me that Elphick could have let it go for a goal kick or put it out for a throw in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here