Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol City *** Official Match Thread ***

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Listening to that it does sound like we didn't deserve to win, and that we were very lucky to not end up with only a draw! Long may it continue..:rock:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
BBC:
FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Posted at 21:50
Will we be seeing Brighton in the Premier League next season?Bobby Zamora hit a late winner to give the Seagulls a four-point lead at the top of the Championship.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And the stripes go marching ON ON ON !!!

[video]http://www.skysports.com/footballleague/championship/video/10036817/brighton-2-1-bristol-city[/video]

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Had a quick look on their forum, couple of interesting posts

"Ive seen a few of Brightons games this season, Baldock plays up front along with Hemed. They play with two out and out wingers but with March on the right (Left footed) and with Lua Lua out they will go with Rosenoir on the left of midfield so they both cut inside.

Not the best side in the Championship by a long way but on a roll and getting results, the Leeds win was the first win in four. Bong is ok at left back, Kayal and Stephens are both good champ midfielders but not spectacular, solid side to be fair..

The Amex is a quiet place, 20K season ticket holders but a lot of them are there to watch football and not Brighton fans, a draw would be a great result and not unachievable IMO"

"Looking at some highlights, they look particularly poor at defending set pieces. If Freeman can get his deliveries right, we could get a couple from free kicks/corners. Don't rate them at all (thats been and done it) and we are more than capable of winning down there."

Interesting comments part #2

"Absolutely gutted. Just lost to a team that are no better than us if not worse.

Brilliant for 35 minutes then sat back and invited pressure on once again. Conceded the goal and still sat back.

Granted we should have had a stone wall penalty but we miss so many chances again.

Personally think Cotts should have made changes earlier. Wilbs getting 86 minutes is unbelievable. Say what you want about him. He was terrible tonight.

So disappointing but we will go again and we won't give up.

Now for the long journey home"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting comments part #2

"Absolutely gutted. Just lost to a team that are no better than us if not worse.

Brilliant for 35 minutes then sat back and invited pressure on once again. Conceded the goal and still sat back.

Granted we should have had a stone wall penalty but we miss so many chances again.

Personally think Cotts should have made changes earlier. Wilbs getting 86 minutes is unbelievable. Say what you want about him. He was terrible tonight.

So disappointing but we will go again and we won't give up.

Now for the long journey home"

To be fair, most of those comments are quite reasonable.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I watched Brizzle's game on Sky against Forest last Friday.

First thing to say is, they will not come and park the bus. They have only failed to score twice in 12 games and they play 2 up top, including our old friend Wilbraham who scored both goals against Forest in the first dozen minutes.

Second, they play 3 big, uncompromising centre-backs. Assuming Bobby doesn't start, we will get little in the air. But, there will be space down the flanks and if we pass it like we did against Cardiff we can pass around them and create plenty of chances.

Elliot Bennett was excellent on his debut, at right wing back and we should not underestimate his athleticism and crossing ability. They also have a left-footed midfield playmaker, Luke Freeman, who ran games for them last year and provides good quality on set plays.

It should be a decent game, but I fancy us to open them up and get 2 or 3 goals to their solitary reply.

PG

I know it's bad form to bounce your own posts, but....:bounce:

PG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After 46 pages I'm still nervous. Not yet majestic, but some very nice play. Saturday soon :)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't know what game some people on here were watching last night but Bristol city embarrassed us at time.

We started ok & then conceeded against the run of play & they could have added to it before we got back into the game.We could & should have equalised before half time through Hemed & Baldock both should have scored.

We start 2nd half slowly but get a head of steam up that brings us an equaliser.
We then sit back & let city control the game totally.
They have a stonewalled penalty turned down.
Stockdale produces 2 stunning saves as well as a few more comfortable saves.
The game opens up after a few substitutions & somehow we manage to create
a half chance for the great man & he did what he always does & hits the back of the net.

Game over.

If I was a city fan I would have been disappointed with a draw but to lose I would have beed totally gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here