Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lallana poor ? Blimey, not from where I was sitting.

Much like the entire 'player rating' thread there's every chance that comment was written before a ball was kicked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s what we all thought in our little socially-distanced WSL group. He’s also such a terrific leader on the pitch - constantly barking orders, praising where it’s due and bollocking when required.

Always forward thinking, he drives us forward, you can tell that he played in a CL level team.

His mobility and pace surprised me tonight, there’s life in the old dog yet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
06264F49-34A5-4075-B4D2-AF590B651FD8.jpeg

Great dual between these two..especially in the first half…I felt Tariq had the better of him

814949D3-40DD-449E-850C-402B1B28A854.jpeg

My MOM…seemed to play in the Biss role…showed great vocal leadership…constantly cajoling those around him

EBBEBF32-C412-46CC-978C-259E65DC2E08.jpeg

Wtf was this assistant on….NM clearly fouled….then in the next segment of play the ref booked Webster unfairly :moo:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
So glad I went. An enjoyable evening. Thought Lallana was excellent but Sanchez saves were world class. Maupay and Trossard goals were just what you need to get you out of your seat. Atmosphere was not bad either. Not too many moaners there tonight.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So who in the ground were the first to know Leo had scored?

I'm guessing NW Corner?

For me in the east I had about 10 minutes of wondering if it was going to spin wide of our near post, or not.

We made up for it by staring down the barrel of the second.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Was great that many of the moaners weren’t there tonight, let’s hope they stay at home for more home games and we can replace them with genuine supporters. Well done to all this that went, turned out to be easiest game to get too and from since we’ve been at the Amex��.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Was great that many of the moaners weren’t there tonight, let’s hope they stay at home for more home games and we can replace them with genuine supporters. Well done to all this that went, turned out to be easiest game to get too and from since we’ve been at the Amex��.

Zero, yes zero queues for beer in the NS even at HT!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well that was enjoyable. So long since we won that I'd forgotten what it felt like.

Some great performances, Tross is outstanding, Mwepu, Lall Maupay, Lamptey, Cucu, Webbo and Burn. Plus big Bob pulling off that save, no idea how he did it. Was hard to make out from the NW, but it looked like his knee stopped it. And Cucus goal line header.

Great to see Alzate back.

Overall really good. Atmo was good too in the NS. Went flat for a bit in the 2nd half when Brentford were having a spell, but overall a great crowd in.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Just got back and I must have been watching a different game, I thought it was a poor match, both teams looked lethargic and error prone. Not much different from Wolves really other than 2 really good goals from us and then 2 good saves from Sanchez to keep us in it. Still, papering over the cracks etc
3 points though and a win were much needed. Onwards and up.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Just got back and I must have been watching a different game, I thought it was a poor match, both teams looked lethargic and error prone. Not much different from Wolves really other than 2 really good goals from us and then 2 good saves from Sanchez to keep us in it. Still, papering over the cracks etc

A poor match? Think you were watching a different game.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

It was scrappy at times but there were many moments and passages of real quality. The real positive was scoring in open play, at home and celebrating, on boxing day with friends and family.

Shame on Sky and rolling over for the late KO though.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Just got home as well.....did you go to the Amex? or somewhere else?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here