Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
mmm not looking like a promotion contender now and with the leaders coming during the week I see another defeat and a lot of points to make up after just 7 games
Serves us right for complacency and over expectation.

NSC was convinced we would be a top 2 side this season.

WE STILL CAN BE!!!!!! But will need a kick up the bum for some of the squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wasn't at the game as I was at a different match, so didn't see how bad it was but sounds really bad reading on here.

That happens and you do have off days and sometimes you get away with bad performances and results mask the performnce but sounds like today they didn't. It took a really poor performance last year against Rotherham for the Manager to kick them up the ****ing arse before going on a good run.

Hopefully if it was that bad then they will get that kick up the arse they need.

Sounds like Stockdale blundered AGAIN - I have never been his biggest fan. I would drop him. Will the manager. Not sure he will but who knows.

And final thought............I think some players are playing the games on paper at the moment and have been thinking the game is won without going out on the pitch an winning it, resting on the laurels of last years performances. THAT ATTITUDE NEEDS TO STOP. Starting on Tuesday
You can't blame Stockdale for today. We only had one outfield player turn up and that was Dunk. Bong, Duffy and Bruno all made multiple mistakes, Murray was awful, Norwood and Kayal didn't combine and Murphy didn't do much either.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You can't blame Stockdale for today. We only had one outfield player turn up and that was Dunk. Bong, Duffy and Bruno all made multiple mistakes, Murray was awful, Norwood and Kayal didn't combine and Murphy didn't do much either.

Haven't seen the goal. I am going by comments on here and combining it with what I saw of Stockdale at Newcastle and Reading

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Serves us right for complacency and over expectation.

NSC was convinced we would be a top 2 side this season.

WE STILL CAN BE!!!!!! But will need a kick up the bum for some of the squad.
And WE STILL NEED A FORWARD that is mobile, not a lumbering target man. Without wanting to sound too hysterical, we're ****ed until January when we might sign a forward, but we'll probably be quite far off the pace by then. Defence no longer solid, midfield partnership broken, forwards lacking mobility. Mid table fodder.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He's shit.

Factually incorrect.

Try laying some of the blame on the ten players in front of him who, today, could not keep, control or pass the ball.

Or, maybe, at the ref who seemed intent on making sure we had a bad day.

Christ, Stockdale could score the winning penalty in an FA cup final and he'd still be slated for "not being good enough to wrap the game up in 90 minutes."

Get a grip.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Playing a high line really didn't work today. Brentford looked ordinary bar Hogan's runs in the channels.

Dunk and Stockdale had good games, but the forward line had awful decision-making when we had our chances.

Oh well, roll on Tuesday.

Last edited:

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Has hyypia returned? Shocking performance from all especially Bruno ffs, can someone give stockdale a protractor so he can check his angels , terrible game to spectate , roll on Tuesday evening

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree, I think?!? Duffy smacks of a panic or very expensive luxury signing. He's not a winner this lad, far too used to losing in that God awful Blackburn side. Truly this is going to prove a folly signing.

I'd play Goldson, but we won't want to admit we've bought a very expensive lemon now, would we?!?
IF the club had made THE striker signing for serious money, the last thing it should do is leave itself vulnerable at the back.
Signing Duffy (clearly wanted by CH) makes all the sense in the world, with Goldson and Uwe not yet back.

But without THE striker, it makes no odds who plays next to Dunk because the team aren't going to score enough goals for the top 2 place TB talked about.
He's completely wasted £4m which I assume came straight from the 'striker fund'.

I do think this kind of bedwetting should be held back for a while.
I'd certainly be writing 'ah but wait till Nov', on the back of H&M each scoring a hattrick today, so clearly I can't have it both ways.
But as I've been repeatedly saying since the window, 'I just can't see where the goals come from'.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Quite funny really....My Saturday evenings consist of me trying to get a handle on the game through a mixture of BBC/Skysports text and the official match thread of NSC....unfortunately the Seagulls player (and all players) do not seem to work here...Anyway Im back in Blighty the week after next and have tickets for Reading and Barnsley so Im hoping that CH will have given the team the proverbial kuta before then. ....Last season I managed to see us lose 0-3 to Middlesborough and draw with Burnley. Neither performance did us credit but we still did well. I still like to think the glass is half full.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I didn't say that. Just pointing out we will have four strikers not three.

Everyone knew we needed another striker except those who make the decisions.

Fair enough , We haven't got any meaningful options upfront. I fear not securing another striker will kill our season - Hemed n Baldock not good enough

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't blame that punter one bit. The weekend's not entirely lost.

Dunk, Murphy and Knockaert tried their best, but the rest had shockers, some embarrasingly so.

0 out of 10 to CH for awful selection, formation and slow to sub non existent Hemed.

Hopefully, the catalyst for 451 next time and dump the clowns.

The bit that got me was the apparent lack of fight when we went two down ..20 mins plus added left, but we cud have played for another hour and didn't look like scoring.

Ps the refs performance just rubbed salt in the wound

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
IF the club had made THE striker signing for serious money, the last thing it should do is leave itself vulnerable at the back.
Signing Duffy (clearly wanted by CH) makes all the sense in the world, with Goldson and Uwe not yet back.

But without THE striker, it makes no odds who plays next to Dunk because the team aren't going to score enough goals for the top 2 place TB talked about.
He's completely wasted £4m which I assume came straight from the 'striker fund'.

I'd certainly be writing 'ah but wait till Nov', on the back of H&M each scoring a hattrick today, so clearly I can't have it both ways.
But as I've been repeatedly saying since the window, 'I just can't see where the goals come from'.

Why spend 4m on a CB when we have Goldson n Hunemuier returning?!!! Madness

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That was bad, really bad. The defence looked like they'd never met each other, and we looked so susceptible to their counters. Knockaert and Dunk decent, but other than that Elvis was probably the next best in the 20 mins he had - yes the others were that poor.

Would drop Hemded for Baldock, Norwood for Stephens, Murphy for Skalak and Duffy for Goldson. I'd say Bong as well, but assume that Pocognoli must be injured as he wasn't even in the squad.

Hopefully today was this year's Rotherham moment. We still have the players that almost got us up last year; we've not become shit because we didn't sign a new striker.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I did not agree with this until today.

We've got two lumbering target men, one striker who in all honesty is not up to this level and Elvis f**king Manu. Our front line is something to worry about.

What we do have, however, is no less than five competent and capable attacking midfielders in Skalak, Murphy, March, LuaLua and Knocky. We should be playing to those quite obvious strengths and categorically not hoping a strikeforce with a combined speed of 2mph can get us the goals we need.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
well if the club think they had a good transfer window they need to watch another rerun of that woeful dismal clueless effort . Hemed Murray baldock and elvis r not going to get us out of this league .you can't stand still as a club
No point turning Down 8 million if u not going to back it up with a striker of class mid table at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports