Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully this is our dodgy spell and we can pull out of it soon.
Next up the team undefeated, already 8 points ahead of the Albion, and 4 points clear at the top of the table.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Let's face it Knockeart has been carrying this team for a while. Was out this afternoon so I don't know how anyone played but I am guessing he had an off day. Hemed is very average and Murray is a great finisher but not a striker that will dominate a beat a defender and dominate a defence. Said it before the window that I would have taken the £6m for Stephens and buy a striker. Duffy looked poor against Newcastle and from reading here in the last page or two he hasn't been good today. Very frustrating all round

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Heh heh... I rather think my 11th-14th pre-season prediction is looking good right now. No bed wetting, just fact really.

Retaining players who want out is a huge error. The 'spirit' has undeniably suffered as a consequence. All in all I think midtable is a quite a realistic possibility.

Oh well, it's only a game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Softens the blow

Don't blame that punter one bit. The weekend's not entirely lost.

Dunk, Murphy and Knockaert tried their best, but the rest had shockers, some embarrasingly so.

0 out of 10 to CH for awful selection, formation and slow to sub non existent Hemed.

Hopefully, the catalyst for 451 next time and dump the clowns.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Duffy will play (as he's our record signing) regardless of ability and form. Never sign losers, this guy is a loser. It's early days obviously, but I reckon we paid about £3.5 million too much for him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lets get Goldson back in alongside Dunk, Stephens + Kayal in the middle for Tuesday. Last seasons winning formula.
Who of the three now available do you up front?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy will play (as he's our record signing) regardless of ability and form. Never sign losers, this guy is a loser. It's early days obviously, but I reckon we paid about £3.5 million too much for him.
TB paid £4m to much on a player the squad didn't need, the moment TB refused to sign a striker.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wasn't at the game as I was at a different match, so didn't see how bad it was but sounds really bad reading on here.

That happens and you do have off days and sometimes you get away with bad performances and results mask the performnce but sounds like today they didn't. It took a really poor performance last year against Rotherham for the Manager to kick them up the ****ing arse before going on a good run.

Hopefully if it was that bad then they will get that kick up the arse they need.

Sounds like Stockdale blundered AGAIN - I have never been his biggest fan. I would drop him. Will the manager. Not sure he will but who knows.

And final thought............I think some players are playing the games on paper at the moment and have been thinking the game is won without going out on the pitch an winning it, resting on the laurels of last years performances. THAT ATTITUDE NEEDS TO STOP. Starting on Tuesday

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
TB paid £4m to much on a player the squad didn't need, the moment TB refused to sign a striker.

I agree, I think?!? Duffy smacks of a panic or very expensive luxury signing. He's not a winner this lad, far too used to losing in that God awful Blackburn side. Truly this is going to prove a folly signing.

I'd play Goldson, but we wouldn't want to admit we've bought a very expensive lemon now, would we?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports