Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bolton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a difference a week makes eh?
Yeh - this time last week I was gloomily making my way back to Birmingham Moor Street station after watching a really shocking Albion performance, Portuguese Tex the only positive thing about the day...........

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I hope Stephen Ward enjoyed his afternoon sitting on the Burnley bench with his fat wage packet for 90 whole minutes watching his team lose rather than playing 90 minutes as he would have been doing down here.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My favourite stat of the day: we had 11 shots on target. (ELEVEN!) They had 1.

Here's another: No other team in the Championship had more shots OR more shots on target today.......

Here's another:

Screenshot from 2014-08-23 17:15:47.png

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Kick Off: 15.00
Referee: Graham Scott

Brighton go into Saturday's match against Bolton buoyed by Tuesday nights 2-0 victory at Elland Road. Man of the Match Joao Teixeira will be looking to make his home debut for the Seagulls as will Dutch midfielder Danny Holla. Joe Bennett signed on loan for the rest of the season from Aston Villa will be expected to start at the expense of Adam Chicksen whilst midfield playmaker Paddy McCourt may have to make do with a place on the bench.

Brighton boss Sami Hyypia has a Spanish dilemma at right back where he will have to choose between Inigo Calderon and Bruno Saltor whilst Lewis Dunk will be hopeful of retaining his place at Centre Back alongside skipper Gordon Greer although Aaron Hughes will be pushing hard for a start.

My prediction? 3-1 Albion. Teixeira, CMS x 2

Almost perfect with score and scoters as well

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Five games played. Barring Birmingham's three shots, each team has managed maximum ONE shot on target and maximum ONE goal. Miserly.

So five shots on target and 3 goals conceded. That's not a great stat for Stockdale!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So five shots on target and 3 goals conceded. That's not a great stat for Stockdale!

Not sure he can be blamed for a superb Coke strike or our inability to pick up Mills at a set piece.
Didn't see Birmingham's goal so can't comment on that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good to see Macca on the score sheet again. Is the confidence coming back?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not sure he can be blamed for a superb Coke strike or our inability to pick up Mills at a set piece.
Didn't see Birmingham's goal so can't comment on that.

Birmingham's goal was from a cross , their player was unmarked and planted his header past Stockdale. Most of us down the other end of the pitch didn't see Hughes get nudged over in the build up as he was trying to cover.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We need a new forward and I hope hyypia begins to trust lualua a bit more.
Oh and Bolton are dreadful

D

Deleted member 22389

I saw a new player today, his name is Greer. Really good to see Greer playing this high line. Can't fault Hypias style. More exciting than any of the games last season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Genuine question-would you start Lua Lua then? Cos for me he's a far better sub and Hyypia seems to have worked this out already.

I agree with this. He's much better used against a tiring defence.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Genuine question-would you start Lua Lua then? Cos for me he's a far better sub and Hyypia seems to have worked this out already.

Without a doubt, opens the game up and goes at people. The first half was crimping out for him.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Without a doubt, opens the game up and goes at people. The first half was crimping out for him.

Fair enough - will have to agree to disagree. He's a bloody conundrum - we and he never seem to play as well when he starts but normally midway through the first half we are crying out for him to come on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Grabban continues knocking them in for fun for Norwich. Oh what might have been, and it was only a £1m fee or something wasn't it?

That fee was agreed. It was Bournemouth offering him a better contract that stymied the deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here