Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Oh I’m not upset one bit - but thanks for telling me how I’m feeling :lol:I hope you find the happiness and fulfilment you’re missing in life soon :thumbsup: Wouldn’t DM you ever - you’re a bit of a **** it seems :thumbsup: Bye :wave:

No you’d never DM me Sheebo.

Peace to you my friend, this is all just a bit of harmless fun and a good place to have a bit of an enjoyable rant about football. Have a good evening.

b28342747128bce9eb4bd44d78e81069.jpg

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Who do we fancy more?

Brentford who are fighting for a place in the play-offs, or Leicester who need to maintain form to keep their top 4 spot..

Both our opponent's have a lot at stake if they go on a long FA Cup run.

To be fair as we do.

There is always the discussion around 4th 5 th round...should we be sending out kids as our priority must be staying in the premiershite. Our semi final bucked that trend, but when we lost to the Imps of Lincoln, most people just shrugged shoulders saying that the league, whichever one, is paramount!

Yep, As you know I’d be running from my seat to the camera f’ing and blinding and calling everyone a **** Blud and then storming out of the room.

Well obviously it wouldn't be any of that black Londonish thing but our version would be auld white fellas copying and pasting other fans venting, and then staring into the camera like they won the 6th form debating club prize :clap2:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
........ so straightaway we take him off.

I thought the same. I would have given him another 10 mins and Alzate as who knows what that deflection would have done for his confidence. The only plus , I guess, is that he is being 'saved' for Fulham game. I would have brought Khadra on just to see what he was like. Potter has proven he can set a team out for the kick off but not so good on tactical changes.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Looking on the bright side, Albion are still in the FA Cup. Palace and Pompey are out, with pompey losing 4-0 on division 3 today. It's a good day and we are close to being a good side. Let's hope for Brentford next round, get through that and a couple of lucky picks out of the hat, then we could be at Wembley.. and possibly fans might be allowed in the ground for the final, if vaccination all goes ahead.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well obviously it wouldn't be any of that black Londonish thing but our version would be auld white fellas copying and pasting other fans venting, and then staring into the camera like they won the 6th form debating club prize :clap2:

I imagine you spent far more time in the 6th form debating society than I did, I wasn’t even in it! Can you give me some pointers?:wink:

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Looking on the bright side, Albion are still in the FA Cup. Palace and Pompey are out, with pompey losing 4-0 in division 3 today. It's a good day and we are close to being a good side. Let's hope for Brentford next round, get through that and a couple of lucky picks out of the hat, then we could be at Wembley.. and possibly fans might be allowed in the ground for the final, if vaccination all goes ahead.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So, we played a strong side so that we can build our confidence going into Fulham. Are we feeling more confident?

Played a strong side to win the game I think.

Anyway, playing a strong side against Newport turned out pretty good against City & Leeds.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looking on the bright side, Albion are still in the FA Cup. Palace and Pompey are out, with pompey losing 4-0 on division 3 today. It's a good day and we are close to being a good side. Let's hope for Brentford next round, get through that and a couple of lucky picks out of the hat, then we could be at Wembley.. and possibly fans might be allowed in the ground for the final, if vaccination all goes ahead.

No way they’ll be fans at a May final I reckon.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought the same. I would have given him another 10 mins and Alzate as who knows what that deflection would have done for his confidence. The only plus , I guess, is that he is being 'saved' for Fulham game. I would have brought Khadra on just to see what he was like. Potter has proven he can set a team out for the kick off but not so good on tactical changes.

We won the game though didn’t we? As we did last week so how you can you say he didn’t make good tactical changes?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I imagine you spent far more time in the 6th form debating society than I did, I wasn’t even in it! Can you give me some pointers?:wink:

From Saul Alinskys "Rules for Radicals":

1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
8. "Keep the pressure on."
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. "
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative."
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. "

Some good advice on how to take down your opponent. Works pretty well which is one of the reasons we're all going to end up in hell.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He spent every one of our corners stood next to the corner flag watching Ale Mac take them. May have been better in the box waiting for the cross to come in. Unless I have missed something?

That was just plain weird

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
From Saul Alinskys "Rules for Radicals":

1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
8. "Keep the pressure on."
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. "
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative."
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. "

Some good advice on how to take down your opponent. Works pretty well which is one of the reasons we're all going to end up in hell.

Now I remember why I wasn’t in the Debating Society! Smoking a joint and listening to music seemed much more attractive :down:

el punal

Now I remember why I wasn’t in the Debating Society! Smoking a joint and listening to music seemed much more attractive :down:

Were you around when Virgin Records were on the corner of Queens Road and North Street? I spent many an hour on the beanbags listening on headphones to selected albums with the heady aroma of Morocco’s finest wafting on the breeze. Far out, man! :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here