[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Day Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Paddy McCourt sounds like Jim McDonald in Coronation Street , so he does.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can categorically guarantee that we won't win on Tuesday.

i-see-what-you-did-there-good-sir.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barry has put the phone down on Johnny Cantor :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wanna bet?

Nobody will murder us this season.

In fact, we will just as likely win.

Forest are nothing, this division is very tight, and we will finish very highly in it.
That'll be Forest who are unbeaten with a +10 goal difference (+1.25 per game).

Yeah, they are 'nothing'.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
Today's game was like watching my dog chase a cat for what seems like forever and then does NOWT as it squares up! It's just not what's ment to happen.. Meh

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I feel slightly responsible for that failure to score today. I went along with my wife and children.

Since the Goldstone my wife has been to matches at: Priestfield, Withdean, Northampton, Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry and the Amex (twice now) and has still not seen the Albion win since 1997 (I've seen plenty). My children have only been to two matches - and never seen them win either.

In the second half today I just knew we would never score. And so it proved. We're going to try again, but I wonder if we will all ever see a Brighton victory together.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Blackpool reminded me of us when we used the championship while at withdean and had no money. They fought hard and got a good point. We did that to many a good championship side. I don't understand why they are so skint though with parachute payments. The game was just frustrating. We were not sh!t just could not find the finish. It happens, if we had not lost the previous two games it would not feel so bad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
how did baldock get MOTM

Sponsors lounge, full of blokes never been to a Brighton game and their Mrs's. Nobody knows anyone or really cares. Blokes have heard of Baldock so he'll do, Mrs's are told what to do!

If CMS had got another 10-15 mins he'd have been MOM for sure

Funniest thing I witnessed was when I was doing the sponsor thing at West Sham. Beaten 5 or 6 at home, Alvin Martin had a shocker, sent off shortly after half time ... they thought it would be funny to award him MOM and it stood!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Blackpool reminded me of us when we used the championship while at withdean and had no money. They fought hard and got a good point. We did that to many a good championship side. I don't understand why they are so skint though with parachute payments. The game was just frustrating. We were not sh!t just could not find the finish. It happens, if we had not lost the previous two games it would not feel so bad.

Because their owners took the parachute payments out of the club. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...12/mar/06/blackpool-karl-oyston-players-wages

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clean sheet
Good save from Stockers
Loads of chances
Not helped by ref
Paddy looked a different class - thought at first he was sluggish, but bought himself time on the ball. Will create loads. Needs to start
Our strikers are too small - dominated by a big defence (will always be the case with what we have)
Baldock is a CMS clone, we need something different
At least two very good saves by their keeper
Slightly dreading the trip to Forest next week...........

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Referee correction:

Saturday 20th September 2014

Sky Bet Championship

Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackpool
KEITH STROUD
Dave Bushell and Elliott Kaye
Fourth Official Ian Cooper

Football League must have changed their entry. I was not the only one who got it wrong:

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-21591.html#.VB36-PldWSo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports