Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackburn Rovers: Official Matchday Thread ***

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
From what I saw it was a fair result, we still get so much wrong, bad passes just wind me up, several long high balls that are just poor and achieve nothing.

We do have to remember where they are is it 7th, would have taken 1-1 before the game.

The problem is that we are only 1 point away from the bottom three!

Sam looked gutted we didn't do it, and we so easily could have, just a few better passes and finishes.

Now on paper a few very tough games, with must wins of Fulham & Millwall.

This season is now all about staying up and do we keep the manager? I think if we are still 20th by Christmas he must go to give someone a chance for the future - do you agree?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
K
This season is now all about staying up and do we keep the manager?

Do you know how feckin depressing that is after the last few seasons.....

Premier league ready my feckin arse....

I am losing my mojo, thank god there is an international break, I'm fed up with it all right now....

Sami is not the man, never will be and was.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
thank heaven for small mercies
at last Sami has changed the system
the simple joy of a full back passing forward
down the line to another player

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
There were some good things in the Bournemouth game. There were even some good things in the Wigan game. Today was the most clueless, tacitly inept Albion performance I have seen for years. Blackburn were poor but we have become dreadful.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There were some good things in the Bournemouth game. There were even some good things in the Wigan game. Today was the most clueless, tacitly inept Albion performance I have seen for years. Blackburn were poor but we have become dreadful.

Not sure about 'years' but I can't disagree with the sentiment. Surprised by the amount of callers after the game that thought it was OK ... almost like they watched a different game.

Although I didn't think the high full backs was ever going to work, I've really no idea what the tactics are now, not sure the players do either

Yes - I couldn't work out how Sami thought we would get through Blackburn - sterile midfield creativity combined with a forward in Baldock who consistently has no impact. Blackburn were happy with a point and rather amazingly that seemed to be Sami's attitude too

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yes - I couldn't work out how Sami thought we would get through Blackburn - sterile midfield creativity combined with a forward in Baldock who consistently has no impact. Blackburn were happy with a point and rather amazingly that seemed to be Sami's attitude too

I think the latest opposition technique is to crowd the midfield, even leaving out an expensive striker. It seems to be working. I thought Wigan made a better fist of it than Blackburn.

We needed Ince for his height and presence, but I thought we could have used Tex in this game instead of McCourt. Looks like we have got Baldock for four years. I don't think I can put up with it for that long.

I should have put a bet in for 1-1. It was quite predictable.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interestingly. Rudy Gestede, who has scored 10 goals for Blackburn Rovers this year, cost them £200,000. Who says quality strikers at this level cost silly money ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only 11 pages, apathy even on the internet now with lack of interest in the Albion let alone at the Amex

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Make no mistake, yesterday was absolute sh*t!!

The biggest negative for me was how deep the midfield 3 played. In the 74th minute we had a counter attack consisting of Baldock, Kaz, Bennett, Paddy and one of the fullbacks. While this was happening I counted 6 of our other players jogging out of our half in a nice line - all 3 CMs and the other 3 defenders. It's no wonder we can't score. I feel sorry for Baldock because he's so isolated he's got no chance.

There's no fluency or pattern to the game, it's like watching a park team do 90 minutes of midfield scrapping. We can break up play and that's about it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here