[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Go-carting and clay pigeon shooting apparently! (Apparently Veltman won both!)

I’m quite surprised no one was shot or permanently disabled crashing their kart. Our luck must be changing

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Go-carting and clay pigeon shooting apparently! (Apparently Veltman won both!)

Not quite the day trip to France together for some shopping and a slap up meal that I recommended after Bournemouth last week 😉 but it did the trick - team building and some much needed downtime together - a break from all the intensity.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I changed our pre-match catering outlet, so we'll call it 50:50
I wasn’t able to do my “lucky” short-cut through a muddy gap between the fence and and a column when coming off the west-bound railway platform, because they’ve put a temporary fence there. So it was me that really swung it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think we’re in to semantics.

If you’re behind the ball when it’s played then you’re not off. Technically passing backwards isn’t the rule though. You can be behind the ball and run on to a forward pass.

So @Springal is correct in terms of responding to that post but didn’t give it the additional necessary explanation that you just have,
Yes - and you can still be offside even if the ball is passed backwards. You can be in front of the ball when it is passed backwards, and run back to kick it - and therefore offside.

Didn't we have a goal ruled out earlier this season / last season where the ball was passed backwards, and the player that picked it up had run back from an offside position?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes - and you can still be offside even if the ball is passed backwards. You can be in front of the ball when it is passed backwards, and run back to kick it - and therefore offside.

Didn't we have a goal ruled out earlier this season / last season where the ball was passed backwards, and the player that picked it up had run back from an offside position?
Was that the Goal that would have maae it 3-4 against Arsenal last season?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Just while we’re on this, even commentators don’t understand the offside law:

Embarrassing.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Their indignation is what gets me. As a qualified ref who never got anywhere near professional level, I know more about the game than them. They’re broadcasting to millions. Just dreadful, so so shit
It's the arrogance to not even consider spending a quiet morning familiarizing themselves with the laws of the have that gets me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
After seeing highlights confirmed my thought on day that we were very fortunate not give away a penalty with Gilmores foul on Rogers

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Slightly mixed feelings about the Newcastle and Man United games as priority number one is making sure Chelsea don’t finish in the top 6! Enjoyed that today though.
I'm not sure I can agree. Stopping Man Utd getting Europe on the final day would be a LOT of fun too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports