[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Watch Dunk :laugh:

I saw Dunky smash that ball while I was celebrating. It hit the gantry that runs across the front of the east stand roof that gives access to the flood lights. At one stage I thought it would clear the roof. It then crashed back down to earth in the East Stand, surprised it didn’t leave a crater.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Is that the first time we’ve beaten Villa at the Amex? Can remember them getting several undeserved points off us over the years so delighted to beat a thoroughly disable team.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
So much better. A much more together team performance..wonder if anything has happened behind the scenes to give the team a fillip?

Wonder if maybe behind the scenes some air has been cleared recently and everyone’s cheered to a bit. Hope so.

In Dunk's post match interview he said: we've had a different week this week, changed the training and a bit of team building, something different away from the training ground.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I noticed that, with Welbeck also using a lot of effort to stop McGinn getting the ball. I think we showed Villa a bit of respect and had a game plan to stop them playing. Whether that is a little less gung ho than earlier in the season I wouldn't like to say, but maybe our coach (who is young and inexperienced in Premier League terms) is still continuing his learning curve along with a lot of our our young inexperienced players.

Exciting isn't it :wink:
Yes. Could see it was well-drilled. if Buananotte had to press someone other than Douglas Luiz, Pedro shifted across and Welbeck ran back to get McGinn. I imagine the lower turnover of games helps a lot with those specific preparations. Not reinventing the wheel but it was interesting to watch and they all stuck to the task.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
In Dunk's post match interview he said: we've had a different week this week, changed the training and a bit of team building, something different away from the training ground.
Good to hear..certainly seemed to be a much more cohesive positive performance and perhaps a sign that RDZ is learning to be a bit more flexible.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I saw Dunky smash that ball while I was celebrating. It hit the gantry that runs across the front of the east stand roof that gives access to the flood lights. At one stage I thought it would clear the roof. It then crashed back down to earth in the East Stand, surprised it didn’t leave a crater.

Can see it hit and bounce off the gantry in this clip. Took me a couple of times to see where it came from.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Watch Dunk :laugh:

He carried on after twatting the ball, leaping around in front of us in the East Stand like a man possessed! What a guy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What? How can you be offside if you're behind the ball? :unsure:
I think we’re in to semantics.

If you’re behind the ball when it’s played then you’re not off. Technically passing backwards isn’t the rule though. You can be behind the ball and run on to a forward pass.

So @Springal is correct in terms of responding to that post but didn’t give it the additional necessary explanation that you just have,

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Go-carting and clay pigeon shooting apparently! (Apparently Veltman won both!)

More experience in the team eh?

So when he needed a result, he turned to the old gits then. The ones who can still run anyway.

[Insert Alan Hansen quote here]

Back in my day, the only use we had for kids was to kick them off the park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports