[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A bit harsh. I’d say it was a disciplined performance. Buonanotte and Pedro had clearly been instructed to stifle Douglas Luiz and McGinn up to that point as they were man-marking them. Very effective. Then we became a bit more adventurous when Enciso came on with Villa tiring and frustrated. All part of the plan in my opinion.

I noticed that, with Welbeck also using a lot of effort to stop McGinn getting the ball. I think we showed Villa a bit of respect and had a game plan to stop them playing. Whether that is a little less gung ho than earlier in the season I wouldn't like to say, but maybe our coach (who is young and inexperienced in Premier League terms) is still continuing his learning curve along with a lot of our our young inexperienced players.

Exciting isn't it :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not going to overthink it.
Chelsea coming up.

Important to keep it simple.
Right hand side, corner piss tray = win.
Job done.
You'll never house train that cat, trust me :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I noticed that, with Welbeck also using a lot of effort to stop McGinn getting the ball. I think we showed Villa a bit of respect and had a game plan to stop them playing. Whether that is a little less gung ho than earlier in the season I wouldn't like to say, but maybe our coach (who is young and inexperienced in Premier League terms) is still continuing his learning curve along with a lot of our our young inexperienced players.

Exciting isn't it :wink:
I'm not having that.

Planning?
Learning?
Improving?

From a one trick pony manager with fixed ideas who flogs the players so hard in training they are too tired even to tell anyone the manager told them back in February he's off at the end of the season?

Delusional.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Even though we would of been betterer if Dean WILKINS was still manager im still happy as have waited since 1980 for a home win against VIlla. That's so long ago my Sidney didn't need Viagera back then to get a boner when I flashed him my minny moo.

Those were the days.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not having that.

Planning?
Learning?
Improving?

From a one trick pony manager with fixed ideas who flogs the players so hard in training they are too tired even to tell anyone the manager told them back in February he's off at the end of the season?

Delusional.

There's never been a better time to support the Albion H, but why didn't they do this when we were teenagers FFS ?

I suspect that they knew we wouldn't appreciate it and we would turn into entitled expectant shallow young pr***s rather than the fine, mature, well informed, balanced and appreciative adults we've become :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well I thought we played much better today and deserved the win. Even without scoring it was a much improved performance. Webby much maligned by many ( including me ) played a great game against Watkins. Adingra was a livewire and won the pen but just needs to improve his final ball. Ensico and Barco both look special ballers so hope for the future with them

I thought both teams contributed to a pretty flat first half. Second half both teams seemed to step it up but until Enciso came om I thought it was still lots of huffing and puffing with very little end product. He's a special player, I thought he is changed the game when he came on. Instead of tippy tappy back and forth, he took the ball and just ran at the fuckers and they couldn't deal with it.

Adringa is good but lacks the final product.

Shows how much we miss Mitoma, Solly and Hinselwood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports