[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Yeh less plastics maybe, and a better quality of supporter if that makes sense.Travel was probably a lot easier too. I think we need a quick season in the championship, that would be a half empty experience.
I agree with the first two sentences, but not the last one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, that went well :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Deserved win today. We got better as the game went on and started to create some chances and look a lot more threatening in the second half. Glad some questionable VAR call with some dodgy lines drawn didn’t ruin the game and in the end we got the win we deserved.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Deserved win today. We got better as the game went on and started to create some chances and look a lot more threatening in the second half. Glad some questionable VAR call with some dodgy lines drawn didn’t ruin the game and in the end we got the win we deserved.
I hate VAR. It has ruined football.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was the Gross one dodgy? I was pretty much square on to it and it looked offside to me straight away

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That was a plodding performance until Enciso entered the frame. He immediately upped the tempo, quickened our passing, got in and around the box and made things happen.

Without him that would have (at best) drifted to a 0-0. He came on and made the difference. Reminds me of a younger Coutinho, a bundle of energy with quick feet and always on the next page. What a talent. What a prospect.
A bit harsh. I’d say it was a disciplined performance. Buonanotte and Pedro had clearly been instructed to stifle Douglas Luiz and McGinn up to that point as they were man-marking them. Very effective. Then we became a bit more adventurous when Enciso came on with Villa tiring and frustrated. All part of the plan in my opinion.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
It will be nice if we could now get one or two more wins (Hopefully Chelsea , but if not Man U )
You can tell how short of confidence the team has been, but now there is a chance to finish on a bit of a high.
What I liked today was the fact we were slightly less open than previously, and they only really had one clear cut chance.
It would be good if Enciso is ready to start again next week, he gives us something that is missing from other players, especially without Mitoma.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will be nice if we could now get one or two more wins (Hopefully Chelsea , but if not Man U )
You can tell how short of confidence the team has been, but now there is a chance to finish on a bit of a high.
What I liked today was the fact we were slightly less open than previously, and they only really had one clear cut chance.
It would be good if Enciso is ready to start again next week, he gives s something that is missing from other players, especially without Mitoma.
And to the RDZ out contingent, today's win has nothing to do with tweaking a few things. And the appearance of confidence was due to the fact that Villa are well-known to be shit.

The win was pure luck. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm glad you've posted that.
I'd hate to have my opinion challenged by an encounter with actual reality.
And after beating yet another of the top EPL sides, in a 'come and get me' win, RDZ is definitely off.

Probably to Bayern Munich, or West Ham. Fact.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
And after beating yet another of the top EPL sides, in a 'come and get me' win, RDZ is definitely off.

Probably to Bayern Munich, or West Ham. Fact.
He should be so lucky. The moment the season's over, Tony Bloom's going to call him to his office and BOOT him back to the job centre where he belongs.

We'll get a proper football man in who can MOTIVATE the players AND get them scoring GOALS and won't HAVE any oF this tippy tapping around AT the BaCk NONSENCE.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nearly didn't bother going, decent game overal and gives me confidence for the next few games
May I recommend starting out with hope, and perhaps even optimism? Otherwise you may find yourself in a right old pickle. Very quickly ???

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Well I thought we played much better today and deserved the win. Even without scoring it was a much improved performance. Webby much maligned by many ( including me ) played a great game against Watkins. Adingra was a livewire and won the pen but just needs to improve his final ball. Ensico and Barco both look special ballers so hope for the future with them

Pretty fair assessment. Nice to see Adingra back on it and as you say just the final ball was lacking at times. Enciso when he came on also added an injection of pace and directness. The manner of the win was critical as well since it was totally deserved and should raise confidence levels.

Let's hope RDZ's rapid exit down the tunnel was purely indicative of him wanting a dump!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports