[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was a plodding performance until Enciso entered the frame. He immediately upped the tempo, quickened our passing, got in and around the box and made things happen.

Without him that would have (at best) drifted to a 0-0. He came on and made the difference. Reminds me of a younger Coutinho, a bundle of energy with quick feet and always on the next page. What a talent. What a prospect.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Talking of Barco, how good was that header late on?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The half empty experience is so much more enjoyable than the full one!
You may jest, but it was so much better with 3000 fewer tourists and fair weather fans. Trains better, bars better, atmosphere just as good / bad.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Talking of Barco, how good was that header late on?
According to a couple of mates who were at Bournemouth, his heading there was woeful.

If he’s been working on it that’s one hell of an improvement.

Reactions: A1X

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Terrific afternoon. I’ve long given up knowing what to expect from us this season: I really thought we were going to another thrashing. Thrilled to be wrong. Wonder if maybe behind the scenes some air has been cleared recently and everyone’s cheered to a bit. Hope so.

Does anyone know who the people were that Grossy gave his shirt to at the end? Lovely touch from the great man, as ever.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well I thought we played much better today and deserved the win. Even without scoring it was a much improved performance. Webby much maligned by many ( including me ) played a great game against Watkins. Adingra was a livewire and won the pen but just needs to improve his final ball. Ensico and Barco both look special ballers so hope for the future with them

They're going to finish 5th or 6th. No way Levy will pay the compo to get rid with that finishing position.
Silly as talk of sacking RDZ really, their squad is about fifth in quality with Villa over performing and Chelsea underperforming for much of the season alas not now.

They’ve had similar problems to us in being an ultra attacking team without much of a defence if that doesn’t go to plan

I can’t for the life of me work out why Villa were so shy today. Why ?
It’s been creeping in their last few games hasn’t it, tho they were unexpectedly and hugely dire today (credit to us for our contribution to that). Same set of players that have played all season with extra games, not really a surprise they look jaded.

Can they lift themselves Thursday, you wouldn’t be confident if you were them

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
The half empty experience is so much more enjoyable than the full one!
Yeh less plastics maybe, and a better quality of supporter if that makes sense.Travel was probably a lot easier too. I think we need a quick season in the championship, that would be a half empty experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports