[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casper18

May 1, 2024
Oh happy days. :cool:

Solid second half performance. Hope this is a confidence booster and we can find our goal scoring form again.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Yyyyyyaaaasssss!🥳 Ya f**kin dancer! Get that right up ye Villa! Happiest result of the season for me.

Dug that one out of our hearts.

How come De Zerbi gets booked but the officials ignore Emery racing miles oit of his technical area?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Good performance. Lots of passion & hard work today. We were the better side against a tired and depleted Villa side and I would say we deserved the win.

Teams know how to defend against us though, and Villa were mostly doing it well. We need to work out how to break down this strategy next season, or else it will be another frustrating season.

A bit of luck with the penalty, countered the bit of bad luck having Gross toenail ruling his goal offside, but we had a couple of clearcut chances that perhaps could have been finished better, but credit to the keeper too.

Delighted to win and end the streak of dismal form. Priority for the rest of the season should probably still be finishing as high as possible, rather than blooding youngsters.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Say it quietly but if Villa play the second half as passively and low in intensity as they have the first we might, just might, sneak a goalless draw. Heady stuff after the last month.

Presumably though Emery will remind his team that they're trying to qualify for the top 4 and to do that they need to win. And that we're a bit shit and on the beach(like half the east stand by the looks of things on my stream...).
Seems Emery didn't remind them.

Much better performance by the Albion. Deserved win.

Am I right in thinking that if we get 5 more points from our next three games we'll get our second highest points total?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Lovely. All's right with the world. A win is always good. A long awaited win even better. A long awaited win against that shower of shithousery is golden.

7 points clear of the Nigels, who need a near perfect return to overhaul us now.

Also great to see the players properly scrapping. I had feared that a clean sweep of defeats to the end of the season might be enough to see RDZ out the door but that little victory should put a tiger in the team's tank.

Happiness abounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports