Date: Sunday 13th November 2022
Kick-off: 14:00 GMT
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Dan Cook, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Jarred Gillet
Additional VAR: James Mainwaring

TEAM NEWS

Brighton and Hove Albion head coach Roberto De Zerbi confirmed there are no fresh injury concerns in his squad ahead of Sunday's game.

Midfielder Alex Mac Allister is one booking from incurring a ban which would rule him out on Boxing Day.

Jacob Ramsey is in a similar situation for Aston Villa.

Philippe Coutinho is unlikely to recover from a thigh injury until the new year, while Diego Carlos is a long-term absentee.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton's only victory in the past 14 competitive meetings was by 2-1 away in the Premier League two years ago (D5, L8).
  • The Seagulls are winless in seven league and cup home fixtures against Aston Villa since a 1-0 top-flight triumph at Goldstone Ground in December 1980.
Albion
  • Brighton have earned back-to-back wins under Roberto De Zerbi following a run of two draws and three defeats in his first five games.
  • They can equal the club Premier League record of three consecutive victories, set in October 2018 under Chris Hughton.
  • Albion went into this weekend's fixtures in sixth place; their highest top-flight position on Christmas Day is eighth in 1981-82.
  • Their solitary defeat in the past 10 home league games came against Spurs last month.
  • Both Brighton and Aston Villa have scored a league-high six goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season.
Aston Villa
  • Villa are winless in all seven Premier League away fixtures this season, managing only two points and three goals.
  • Their only triumph in 12 away league matches was 3-1 at Burnley in May (D3, L8).
  • Aston Villa have won two of their past three league games, as many as they had in their previous 15. They're vying to record consecutive top-flight victories for the first time since May.
  • Unai Emery won only eight of his 25 Premier League away games as Arsenal manager.
  • Both of Emery's previous Premier League meetings against Brighton ended in a 1-1 draw.

Robert De Zerbi's Aston Villa Press Conference

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We're  Loose. Win.

4 in a row please boys. Early Christmas present for the fans.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
C’mon, we can do this! It will not be easy, they had a good result under their new manager - but the way we have been playing... I believe we can win this one. That’s not a prediction, football’s a funny old game but anyway, win , lose or draw it’s “ Up the Albion!” With no more until the end of December

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Delighted to see that one of the two best performing opposition players I’ve seen at the Amex won’t be playing :smile:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's been clear. Crank up the pressure from the stands right from the off.
This. As per the other thread, let's all get behind the team from minute one. You've got four weeks or more to rest your voice once this is done.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I look forward to Albion games now in a way I don’t think I’ve done since the last few months in the Championship, might not expect a result but know it’ll be fun to watch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here