Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Being there, atmosphere was good first half hour or so. Died off as we continued to create nothing and villa disrupted the match. Can't blame the fans - it was turgid on the pitch. Would've died off anywhere
The chaotic defensive play from about 15 or 20 minutes onwards killed the noise. It started with a suicidal cross field pass by Gross.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Poor. Very poor. By all involved in that shitshow.

I think Villa have now officially taken the mantle of team I least like to play. They are consistently a team of bellends who cynically cheat their way through the game. I thought it was just a Dean Smith thing but they continued it under Gerrard and now with Emery too.

On the plus side I was impressed with Colwill bar the header.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Villa seem to have embraced the Diego Simeone philosophy of playing football. 10 yellow cards over the course of the game says a lot, really. Mind you, we weren't great today, obvs, World Cup tummy causing some problems maybe.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well at least we go into the Christmas break above Chelsea (and well above CP) and in a good top ten position - so that is something innit?

(Will be interesting to see if the Fulham v ManC is equally dire. There’s no way the WC wasn’t impacting concentration and a willingness to get stuck in imo - Tross, Sanchez, Mackie, probably Lamptey, Caicedo, Pervis all in the airport lounge at Heathrow this afternoon.)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Poor. Very poor. By all involved in that shitshow.

I think Villa have now officially taken the mantle of team I least like to play. They are consistently a team of bellends who cynically cheat their way through the game. I thought it was just a Dean Smith thing but they continued it under Gerrard and now with Emery too.

On the plus side I was impressed with Colwill bar the header.
Its poor officiating thats most frustrating. Yes we have problems scoring against Bus parkers, and Villa were for the last 30 minutes, but how the hell did we not get a penalty for the March hack. I couldnt be there today and watched on Sky, all commentators said its was an obvious penalty, and it clearly was, and the bit that really pisses me off.... If that was Rashford, Martinelli or Haaland it 100% would be referred to ref, who'd rightly give the pen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Its poor officiating thats most frustrating. Yes we have problems scoring against Bus parkers, and Villa were for the last 30 minutes, but how the hell did we not get a penalty for the March hack. I couldnt be there today and watched on Sky, all commentators said its was an obvious penalty, and it clearly was, and the bit that really pisses me off.... If that was Rashford, Martinelli or Haaland it 100% would be referred to ref, who'd rightly give the pen.
It leaves a bitter taste for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here