Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Goals conceded this season Liverpool 32 Brighton 30

League winners are built from the back, the foundations are clearly in place to become an established top 10 team, given how we restricted a team with European qualification ambitions quiet tonight.

Well said [emoji106]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Another superb display can't really even bemoan the finishing because the Keeper had a worldy , another point in the bag and on we go .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A point might be a disappointment tonight, but it's enough to mean that a home win against Palace next weekend (Monday actually) puts us above them.

Shhhhh we’re all aware, we’re just not mentioning it... I can’t make any comments or predictions on the game...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Grealish'll be seeing Veltman's face in the mirror for the rest of the week

7-Hairstyles-to-Make-You-Look-Younger-915x610.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It’s difficulty to pinpoint our problem with scoring goals, perhaps we’re taking a few too many touches in the build up and allowing our opponents to pack their area, maybe we need to be a little more direct with our attacks.

It’s a bit of a puzzle.

Happy with how we played though tonight, felt like we were the better team.

Definitely true IMO. Maupay does too much harrying, he needs to be released quicker AND generally needs another striker with him....

My one criticism of Potter (now) is his substitutions - needed to try a different striker option same in Leicester and Burnley game but he seems to leave it late.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
It's an old cliche managers trot out after failing to win "I take a lot of positives from today's game." However after today's game it would be justified. A game we totally dominated and created plenty of chances with Martinez keeping them in the game on at least two -three occasion. We could/should/might have won with so many chances, but despite lack of goals it was hard to fault the 'positive' performance. They're a half decent team this season with a decent away record who we completely stifled.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Now we have 9 days R&R to get our minds and bodies back into peak condition for the game that really matters. Beat Palarse and we are above the
Edit. I didn't see Sheebo's post until I posted.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up and read the Sporting Life commentry of the game.
It reads like we were all over them, 9 attempts on target to their 1 and not 1 goal to show for it.
Will watch the replay over breakfast.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My Villa supporting relative conceded we were the better side for king periods but it was more to do with Villa being so poor than any quality we displayed which was why despite us being on top we couldn't make it count. Also said it was a trait Villa had in the Championship against teams who raised their game against a former European Champion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My Villa supporting relative conceded we were the better side for king periods but it was more to do with Villa being so poor than any quality we displayed which was why despite us being on top we couldn't make it count. Also said it was a trait Villa had in the Championship against teams who raised their game against a former European Champion.

thats pretty much what sherwood and howe said ......i say bollox to that , last time i saw something as battered as villa last night it was next to a saveloy in the warmer cabinet at the crunchy cod chippy.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
F*ck off sorry to be rude but the chairman has allowed Brighton to be at the top table by spending £350million of his own money.

I was replying to someone else's comment, and not as you feel slagging off Bloom,

so kindly read previous posts and **** off yourself. :wanker:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
thats pretty much what sherwood and howe said ......i say bollox to that , last time i saw something as battered as villa last night it was next to a saveloy in the warmer cabinet at the crunchy cod chippy.

As far as Sky and BT match commentators are concerned Brighton seem to be getting very lucky in coming up against so many below par better teams. Alan Smith last night sounded to me like he was absolutely gagging for Villa to score and was pretty sure they would at some stage even when we were in total command. It was almost as though he was being forced to say some complimentary things about us whilst getting excited about Villa players. He sounded particularly keen on the sub Morgan Sanson. After Smith’s build up, I was expecting him to turn the game around single handed, not go around hacking players and looking surly :smile:

As far as Sky and BT match commentators are concerned Brighton seem to be getting very lucky in coming up against so many below par better teams. Alan Smith last night sounded to me like he was absolutely gagging for Villa to score and was pretty sure they would at some stage even when we were in total command.
100%
When villa had managed to keep the ball for 5 passes you could hear him drooling about how normal service was restored:ffsparr:p

I thought they usually raised their game against the champions of England?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As far as Sky and BT match commentators are concerned Brighton seem to be getting very lucky in coming up against so many below par better teams. Alan Smith last night sounded to me like he was absolutely gagging for Villa to score and was pretty sure they would at some stage even when we were in total command. It was almost as though he was being forced to say some complimentary things about us whilst getting excited about Villa players. He sounded particularly keen on the sub Morgan Sanson. After Smith’s build up, I was expecting him to turn the game around single handed, not go around hacking players and looking surly :smile:

The games against Liverpool and Spurs we received gushing praise throughout and after the games. Against Leeds too overall.

Alan Smith is a terrible commentator, that's for sure, but he doesn't represent all commentators on bt and sky

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

The games against Liverpool and Spurs we received gushing praise throughout and after the games. Against Leeds too overall.

Alan Smith is a terrible commentator, that's for sure, but he doesn't represent all commentators on bt and sky

Mrs DiS was the same after Saints played Vill recently, and not surprised to read he is a Brummie and boyhood Villa fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here